'Tis The Season

I have been thinking about consumerism this holiday season and how many in this nation are shopaholics with the credit card debt to prove it. It's like shopping is a hobby for some just to fill the time or a void. I have been a vicitum of it as well. I do like to shop too but it is mostly with a list and a purpose now. When looking for gifts I put a lot thought into it and years ago when I could not find that special gift I would make it with something I had or some inexpensive materials. My recent holiday dilemma was to find a unique gift bag and I just could no find anything worth my dollar, so I made this special little bag for my niece. It took 10 minutes and 2 pieces of felt and some left over ribbon. I think it looks great and she can use it as a decoration in the years to come. It's back to were I came from that a hand made gift means more. It's one of kind and special. So 'Tis the Season to give Handmade!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ipad Pillow Stand

Neck Tie Upcycled to Cuff

Mini Antique Mannequins