Last year in May I planted a new garden to accent our patio. I was given some lovely Irises (my favorite flower) that had already bloomed. So I was pleasantly surprised yesterday when this beautiful flower opened up.
I believe it is a Beard Iris and it is the most stunning color against the fresh green of spring. I have four more plants and hope to at least cut one and possibly enjoy it at my desk. They are just really amazing and the colors are so vibrant. Every year it's just so exciting to see all the plants come back up again. Spring has definitely arrived!
I like to watch tutorials on my Ipad and although I have a cover that converts to a stand, it isn't always the best solution for viewing. So I decided to make one of my own inspired by these Iphone stands I found on Etsy.
They are sold by dognamedbanjo and are really unique and lovely.
So I thought I could make one similar to it and here is how i did it.
First I started with a 1 yard of a fabric in my two favorite colors.
Then I cut the following pieces
1 Pc 13" x 13"
1 pc 29 x 13"
2 Triangle pieces 13" x 13" x 13"
Next I sewed the top square to the two triangles. This is will be the sides and the base.
Next I took the large rectangular piece and sewed it to the bottom of the square.
Now I don't have photos of the last few steps since once it start forming a pillow it is difficult to photograph, but the process is not that difficult.
Next I sewed each side of the the rectangle to one side of the triangle on both sides.
Then repeated the same proc…
I found a large stash of Neck ties at an Estate Sale this past weekend and I had to buy them since I had the perfect idea for an upcycle project. They were mostly from a long since closed store here in Buffalo,NY and I felt the need to preserve them as well as the tags. I started by washing them on gentle and removing them immediately and laying flat to dry. They came out a little disfigured but nothing that a little ironing wouldn't fix. Next I took a seam ripper and opened up the back to take out the interfacing. I did this for two reasons, it was discolored and had a little odor and it would be easier to sew without this bulk. I next cut the tie into a piece 10" long and hemmed the edge. Then I sewed two pieces of velcro to each side to make my cuff. The last step was to sew on a few antique buttons and beads and my cuff was done. Wow! Looking at this I can't believe how it turned out!.But wait... I made a few more! Love this one.. Antique Maple leave button and golden bead! …
I have searching for an antique mannequin for a couple of years. They are hard to find and very expensive when they are found.
I also have read many tutorials on how to make your own but never thought that I could pull it off until this past weekend. I started with a great pattern that I found on Etsy from Tracy Bell and you can buy it here. The instructions are easy to follow and the results are amazing. I started with a nice linen in a medium taupe color since I thought it would look vintage and classic.
Pattern was easy to read and after very few steps of a little sewing and a little stuffing, I was left with this..
I used a candle stick that I had and no longer used for the base and added a few of my recycled jewelry items. It was so easy, I made a second one and intend to use both of them to display my jewelry as well be able to take better photos.
I am so pleased with the results.
I now have my own Jewelry shop in my home!
Lovely and Professional looking!
I can't wait to m…