I got a wonderful surprise when I came home yesterday from possibly the worst day ever at work. My wonderful husband had bought me something for my Birthday that I have wanted for a very long time. My birthday is over a month away but he wanted to get it before so I could learn how to use it. I am not going to tell you what it is until I have it in my hands and can show you what it can do.For now I am so very excited and truly blessed to have such a loving and thoughtful husband!
PS: Today is Friday for me! Have a Fantastic Weekend!
I like to watch tutorials on my Ipad and although I have a cover that converts to a stand, it isn't always the best solution for viewing. So I decided to make one of my own inspired by these Iphone stands I found on Etsy.
They are sold by dognamedbanjo and are really unique and lovely.
So I thought I could make one similar to it and here is how i did it.
First I started with a 1 yard of a fabric in my two favorite colors.
Then I cut the following pieces
1 Pc 13" x 13"
1 pc 29 x 13"
2 Triangle pieces 13" x 13" x 13"
Next I sewed the top square to the two triangles. This is will be the sides and the base.
Next I took the large rectangular piece and sewed it to the bottom of the square.
Now I don't have photos of the last few steps since once it start forming a pillow it is difficult to photograph, but the process is not that difficult.
Next I sewed each side of the the rectangle to one side of the triangle on both sides.
Then repeated the same proc…
I found a large stash of Neck ties at an Estate Sale this past weekend and I had to buy them since I had the perfect idea for an upcycle project. They were mostly from a long since closed store here in Buffalo,NY and I felt the need to preserve them as well as the tags. I started by washing them on gentle and removing them immediately and laying flat to dry. They came out a little disfigured but nothing that a little ironing wouldn't fix. Next I took a seam ripper and opened up the back to take out the interfacing. I did this for two reasons, it was discolored and had a little odor and it would be easier to sew without this bulk. I next cut the tie into a piece 10" long and hemmed the edge. Then I sewed two pieces of velcro to each side to make my cuff. The last step was to sew on a few antique buttons and beads and my cuff was done. Wow! Looking at this I can't believe how it turned out!.But wait... I made a few more! Love this one.. Antique Maple leave button and golden bead! …
I have had this large long sleeved t-shirt for about a year. I paid $2.99 for it at the Salvation Army and appeared to be new. I had thought about embellishing it with a flower or two but could not come up with a original or cute idea so I decided to make a cardigan out of it. So lets get started and upcycle another piece of clothing! First I laid the shirt out and measured from under arm to under arm to find the exact center. Once I found the center, I cut right up the middle. This step always makes me nervous ever since I was a child and tried to cut a collar on a coat to make it narrower. It was a disaster but I try not to think about it that much and just cut. Once it was cut, I decided to use the hem from another t-shirt that I had cut up for another project. I cut two pieces of the hem of the t- shirt long enough to cover the edge of the cardigan and wrap around the top and bottom edge. I folded over the edge and pinned Then I pinned it to one side of the cardigan. Making sure to f…