Skip to main content

Bedroom Update - New Pillows with Fabric From Tonic Living

With the recent addition to our bedroom with a Flor rug, it has forced a change in the decor in the room. Now with the rugs whites and tans the room need colors that compliment it. I decided on this lovely pattern from Tonic Living, Bodega in Chocolate for my main fabric.
First I sewed up a couple pillows for the bed.
The fabric is so easy to work with and sewed like dream. I then made a bolster type pillow with some other fabrics and topstitched each square.
Just a few scraps leftover from other projects that I turned into a interesting bolster that introduced some new colors to the room.
It was easy to create, just figure out what length you want and divided by the size of the strip and then divide by the number of colors. 
Then you will get the number of strips you will need of each color. So super easy and fun that I made on large one for the chair in the bedroom.

So go and check out Tonic Living, the have a great selection of fabrics and they will also make custom items too! Enjoy!

Linking to these parties:
 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

Comments

  1. Your pillows are very pretty...I don't see where you posted and link back to my NTT party...please be sure you do this...thanks.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pillows. Great idea!
    Connie the crafterbug

    ReplyDelete
  3. luv the fabric you have use, there's just something about black n white and damask.

    wow, wow, can I come over? I am going to recreate this for the weekend...

    Don't forget to add this project in our linking party where every Wednesday we showcase projects for our readers to discover.
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/02/colours-of-spring-be-inspired-linking.html
    Thank you,
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really cute! Great pattern mixing.

    PS- I'm doing my first giveaway ever on my blog, I'd love if you would stop by and enter! http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-first-giveaway-and-introducing-your.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ipad Pillow Stand

I like to watch tutorials on my Ipad and although I have a cover that converts to a stand, it isn't always the best solution for viewing. So I decided to make one of my own inspired by these Iphone stands I found on Etsy. They are sold by dognamedbanjo and are really unique and lovely. So I thought I could make one similar to it and here is how i did it. First I started with a 1 yard of a fabric in my two favorite colors. Then I cut the following pieces 1 Pc 13" x 13" 1 pc 29 x 13" 2 Triangle pieces 13" x 13" x 13" Next I sewed the top square to the two triangles. This is will be the sides and the base. Next I took the large rectangular piece and sewed it to the bottom of the square. Now I don't have photos of the last few steps since once it start forming a pillow it is difficult to photograph, but the process is not that difficult. Next I sewed each side of the the rectangle to one side of the triangle on both sides. Then repeated the same proc…

Neck Tie Upcycled to Cuff

I found a large stash of Neck ties at an Estate Sale this past weekend and I had to buy them since I had the perfect idea for an upcycle project. They were mostly from a long since closed store here in Buffalo,NY and I felt the need to preserve them as well as the tags. I started by washing them on gentle and removing them immediately and laying flat to dry. They came out a little disfigured but nothing that a little ironing wouldn't fix. Next I took a seam ripper and opened up the back to take out the interfacing. I did this for two reasons, it was discolored and had a little odor and it would be easier to sew without this bulk.  I next cut the tie into a piece 10" long and hemmed the edge. Then I sewed two pieces of velcro to each side to make my cuff. The last step was to sew on a few antique buttons and beads and my cuff was done. Wow! Looking at this I can't believe how it turned out!.But wait... I made a few more! Love this one.. Antique Maple leave button and golden bead! …

T-shirt Upcycle to Cardigan

I have had this large long sleeved t-shirt for about a year. I paid $2.99 for it at the Salvation Army and appeared to be new. I had thought about embellishing it with a flower or two but could not come up with a original or cute idea so I decided to make a cardigan out of it. So lets get started and upcycle another piece of clothing! First I laid the shirt out and measured from under arm to under arm to find the exact center.
Once I found the center, I cut right up the middle. This step always makes me nervous ever since I was a child and tried to cut a collar on a coat to make it narrower. It was a disaster but I try not to think about it that much and just cut. Once it was cut, I decided to use the hem from another t-shirt that I had cut up for another project.  I cut two pieces of the hem of the t- shirt long enough to cover the edge of the cardigan and wrap around the top and bottom edge. I folded over the edge and pinned Then I pinned it to one side of the cardigan. Making sure to f…