Tennis Heaven


Yesterday the US Open Started and I will be watching as much as I possibly can. I am in tennis heaven. After being at the US Open Series tournament last month I am in full tennis mode. Last week I watched an old match between Monica Selles and Martina Navratilova. It was so interesting to watch, although in low definition,how the game has changed over the years. The game was more about serve and volley and now it is just hit the ball as hard as you can. It's a slug fest. The equipment has changed as well. When I started playing it was a wood racket that you kept in a vise like frame to keep it from warping. And a metal can of  Penn tennis balls whose rim could cut your hand off if opened it wrong. Now the rackets are metal,composite or graphite and the balls come in plastic cans with protective rim. Hmm ,Tennis heaven, comes in many forms!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ipad Pillow Stand

Neck Tie Upcycled to Cuff

Mini Antique Mannequins