Skip to main content

Ipad Pillow Stand


I like to watch tutorials on my Ipad and although I have a cover that converts to a stand, it isn't always the best solution for viewing. So I decided to make one of my own inspired by these Iphone stands I found on Etsy.
They are sold by dognamedbanjo and are really unique and lovely.
So I thought I could make one similar to it and here is how i did it.
First I started with a 1 yard of a fabric in my two favorite colors.
Then I cut the following pieces
1 Pc 13" x 13"
1 pc 29 x 13"
2 Triangle pieces 13" x 13" x 13"
Next I sewed the top square to the two triangles. This is will be the sides and the base.
Next I took the large rectangular piece and sewed it to the bottom of the square.
Now I don't have photos of the last few steps since once it start forming a pillow it is difficult to photograph, but the process is not that difficult.
Next I sewed each side of the the rectangle to one side of the triangle on both sides.
Then repeated the same process on the other side
Lastly leaving open the bottom to stuff.
This is what is looked like before stuffing.
Then I stuffed it, not too full since I wanted my Ipad to sit in the pillow and not on it.
I think it looks great and perfect for viewing some of my favorite tutorials.

 Now I can view it from several different places in my craft room.


And it was Super easy to make!

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Wow what a cute idea! I love it! My husband's birthday is coming up, maybe I'll try making this for his ipad. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! I will have to make one for my hubby <3 Thanks so much for linking up ANOTHER FABULOUS project. I'm so glad I follow you ;)

    igottacreate.blogspot.com
    "Kiss Me I'm Irish" linky party is open!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a genius idea and I am in love with that fabric! Pretty and practical. My favorite combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this pattern. I've been looking for a perfect way to hold my iPad in bed and tonight I have just made this fantastic pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been looking for something like this - thank you. I cannot wait to make it..
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for thus idea, just saw it on Pinterest. My boyfriend has been wishing for something like this for his Nook, and his bday is coming up! Wonderful idea, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for thus idea, just saw it on Pinterest. My boyfriend has been wishing for something like this for his Nook, and his bday is coming up! Wonderful idea, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for thus idea, just saw it on Pinterest. My boyfriend has been wishing for something like this for his Nook, and his bday is coming up! Wonderful idea, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. can you tell me what you used for the stuffing inside the pillow,

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used just regular stuffing that I bought at Joann's

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Janet - I'm nearly done making my own pillow, but I can't figure out how you finished yours? Any suggestions on closing it after stuffing? Thanks for the idea & post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I knew how to post the pic I just took of my amorphous pointy iPad pillow. Clearly I did something wrong. Starting again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the little dress form in the picture, did u make that too?

    ReplyDelete
  14. You could stuff it with corn cob pellets, freeze the pillow, and Tada' you have an ipadchillo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. the measurements are off. I am in the middle of making mine and when matching up the long sides of the rectangles with the triangles, there is an excess of 3 and 1/2 inches! Did you have the same issue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I never replied to this.. looks like it is off by 3 inches

      Delete
  16. I added a zipper to one triangle so I can adjust the filling ... I also ended up with extra 3 inches... I put that at the top of the triangle then sewed up to each point on the top of the triangle then from that point sewed up to the fold. I then stuffed it an sewed across that to make that part the tablet sits on in the different fabric picture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the update. Great Idea and possible I made an error with my measurements

      Delete
  17. Nice! Thank you for the tutorial! I made one for my own ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you. Just made one filled with a poly pellet bag in the base and then bean bag fill.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

T-shirt Upcycle to Cardigan

I have had this large long sleeved t-shirt for about a year. I paid $2.99 for it at the Salvation Army and appeared to be new. I had thought about embellishing it with a flower or two but could not come up with a original or cute idea so I decided to make a cardigan out of it. So lets get started and upcycle another piece of clothing! First I laid the shirt out and measured from under arm to under arm to find the exact center. Once I found the center, I cut right up the middle. This step always makes me nervous ever since I was a child and tried to cut a collar on a coat to make it narrower. It was a disaster but I try not to think about it that much and just cut. Once it was cut, I decided to use the hem from another t-shirt that I had cut up for another project.  I cut two pieces of the hem of the t- shirt long enough to cover the edge of the cardigan and wrap around the top and bottom edge. I folded over the edge and pinned Then I pinned it to one side of the cardigan. Making s...

Ikea Magazine Re-do

I recently was at Ikea and purchased two set of FLYT Magazine holders. The completely white and come in packs of 5 for $1.99. I knew that I could spruce them up with something and had a perfect idea for them. This fabric panel that I purchased at an Estate sale a few weeks ago. It was one large curtain panel that really wanted to use as upholstery for something and the magazine holders were just the perfect match. I first assembled two and stapled them together. Next step was to lay them on my fabric to figure out how much I needed. The best thing about this fabric  was that it had hemmed edges and it would make my Re-do look more finished. I cut the fabric about 2-3" longer at the top to make sure it covered the entire piece.Next I lined up the hemmed edge to the bottom and stapled it top and bottom. This okay since it's the back of the holder and I will cover it up later. As you see I had to open the bottom up so I could staple the bottom. Next I used good old Mod Podge...