Just a nice black and white image that I download from the web. Then I used my favorite technique and cut the image it to pattern pieces.
Now I numbered them so I knew what order then went in since when I first cut them out I got them a little mixed up. Next I traced and cut the pieces from my fabric.
Pretty easy, just trace and cut. Then I laid out my pieces to make sure they looked like a pumpkin.
Looking at this now, I could have done two things different. One would be to cut all the pieces out consecutively so the fabric pattern lined up or not cut them that way so it would be more interesting. That will be a challenge for next time.
Next I took a plain canvas...
And painted it a burnt yellow color, adding a little bit of water to make it more like a wash and to get more texture...
I let that dry and then I laid out my pieces on the canvas to see how they would look.
I did add a stem but it took me a few tries since every fabric I used just didn't look right, I finally settled on this one but still not in love with it. Next I coated each piece with good old Mod Podge and when they were dry, coated the entire project with it.
I let that dry and then hung it on the wall..
Some interesting art for the Fall!.. I might brush a thin coat of brown over it to give it more of antique finish, but for now I think it looks great and another wonderful way to use scrap fabric! Enjoy!