Before and After #3
So much progress is made in a three day weekend that I might think of taking more of them in the future. On to before and after part 3 and the coil of grey jersey.
I got my idea from numerous scarfs I had seen all over the web and decided to just buy some fabric and wing it pattern wise. I bought a 1/2 yard of this lovely fluid jersey knit (it is not cheap at $11.99 yard, but I only needed 1/2 yard and had a 50% coupon!) I first cut the piece in half the long way.
Next I sewed the two pieces together, to make one long piece.
Then I set my sewing machine to the highest stitch tension (9) and largest stitch length (4)
I then sewed straight down the middle of the piece and it gathered by itself off the back of my machine.
Making sure to back stitch at both ends to hold the stitch. Next I stitched about 2" from the edge down the entire piece.
I did this on both sides and remembered to back stitch again on both ends. I left the edges raw since this material has a lovely property of curling and covering it's own edge. The finished product...
It looks like a big wrinkled mess but on your neck it is warm and light and great for the fall...
It would look lovely under a coat as well, but not quite ready for that yet...
It was super easy and took about 1/2 hour. There are only a few things that I would change about this project and it would possible make it a little thinner and possibly longer. Also I think that this would be a good project for using t-shirt material since it would be light and soft. What an accomplishment!Another project checked off the list! and I think I found a few more this week! Enjoy!