Skip to main content

Twine Tree Display and a Winner!

Last year I made numerous twine trees to decorate my home.
It was a time consuming task to wrap each tree with twine and then spray paint them silver and gold but they turned out lovely. So this year I am using them again but wanted to display them in a way that would tie into the Christmas tree (yet to be put up or decorated). So I started with some burlap and a frame.
Frame is from the Dollar store and the Burlap (not shown) I bought online for $1.74 a yard. I first spray painted the frame gold.
Next I cut a piece of cardboard the same size as the frame and used it as a template to cut my burlap.
Then I wrapped the burlap around the cardboard and used my glue gun to secure to the back.
This next step is not shown, but I covered the back with brown leftover t-shirt material. Then lastly I attached the gold frame to the top of the burlap with glue.

And the tray is done and it was super easy! It could also be hung and used as a wall display with a ornaments hung from the burlap! or you could embroider designs into the burlap! So many ideas, but I used mine to display my tree.
Just add a few silver ornaments (from the Dollar Store as well) and my decorating is done! I plan to use the burlap more in my decorating this year,so make sure to come back and see what how I am going to use it!

At Last the Winner of the Tonic Living Gift Card and a surprise made by me is SunnySusan! Congratulations! She said "Oh the pillow Sweet William is divine....love it and your blog" ! 
Thank  you for all your lovely comments, thank you for following and have a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving!

Comments

  1. It's Me!!! Thanks so much...I am so excited....I will email you my address.....yes....Happy Thanksgiving to all

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ipad Pillow Stand

I like to watch tutorials on my Ipad and although I have a cover that converts to a stand, it isn't always the best solution for viewing. So I decided to make one of my own inspired by these Iphone stands I found on Etsy. They are sold by dognamedbanjo  and are really unique and lovely. So I thought I could make one similar to it and here is how i did it. First I started with a 1 yard of a fabric in my two favorite colors. Then I cut the following pieces 1 Pc 13" x 13" 1 pc 29 x 13" 2 Triangle pieces 13" x 13" x 13" Next I sewed the top square to the two triangles. This is will be the sides and the base. Next I took the large rectangular piece and sewed it to the bottom of the square. Now I don't have photos of the last few steps since once it start forming a pillow it is difficult to photograph, but the process is not that difficult. Next I sewed each side of the the rectangle to one side of the triangle on both s...

T-shirt Upcycle to Cardigan

I have had this large long sleeved t-shirt for about a year. I paid $2.99 for it at the Salvation Army and appeared to be new. I had thought about embellishing it with a flower or two but could not come up with a original or cute idea so I decided to make a cardigan out of it. So lets get started and upcycle another piece of clothing! First I laid the shirt out and measured from under arm to under arm to find the exact center. Once I found the center, I cut right up the middle. This step always makes me nervous ever since I was a child and tried to cut a collar on a coat to make it narrower. It was a disaster but I try not to think about it that much and just cut. Once it was cut, I decided to use the hem from another t-shirt that I had cut up for another project.  I cut two pieces of the hem of the t- shirt long enough to cover the edge of the cardigan and wrap around the top and bottom edge. I folded over the edge and pinned Then I pinned it to one side of the cardigan. Making s...

Ikea Magazine Re-do

I recently was at Ikea and purchased two set of FLYT Magazine holders. The completely white and come in packs of 5 for $1.99. I knew that I could spruce them up with something and had a perfect idea for them. This fabric panel that I purchased at an Estate sale a few weeks ago. It was one large curtain panel that really wanted to use as upholstery for something and the magazine holders were just the perfect match. I first assembled two and stapled them together. Next step was to lay them on my fabric to figure out how much I needed. The best thing about this fabric  was that it had hemmed edges and it would make my Re-do look more finished. I cut the fabric about 2-3" longer at the top to make sure it covered the entire piece.Next I lined up the hemmed edge to the bottom and stapled it top and bottom. This okay since it's the back of the holder and I will cover it up later. As you see I had to open the bottom up so I could staple the bottom. Next I used good old Mod Podge...