Skip to main content

New Years Weekend List


This weekend list has a few New Year's resolutions thrown in just to make me stick to my list and get more done this year. So let's get to it!

(1) Learn how to use my camera and take better photos. I have my wonderful Canon Rebel XS for over six months and have rarely taken the setting off of Auto.  I have wonderful book to read on the subject and have to make the time to sit down and really learn how to use this awesome camera. Also to take better photos for my blog and try to incorporate what I learn into my blog as well. (Photo, sunrise 12-31-10)
(2) Show you the results of all my projects that I blog about on Fridays. This is a bit behind the scenes that you all probably won't see. It has more about me planning time,what I blog about and what I get done. Most of the time it is a scramble for me to get more than three good projects done over the weekend, so I just need to plan better (photo of before of my latest project with book pages).
(3) Organize. Wow do I have a list of things that need to be organized. Top of the list is a linen closet that is a avalanche waiting to happen everyday. As well as a craft room that needs some help, a spare bedroom and a laundry room that desperately needs a clutter intervention. (photo from my current laundry room shelves)

(4) Projects! This is on my list for the weekend. I found these sets of charms at Joann's for .97 each and have a fun jewelry project planned. I might just start working on it after I finish typing this list. Plus I need to make a few more items to put in my Etsy shop that I hope to promote just a little more this year.


(5) Keep coming up with ideas to keep my brain busy. I think I write down about five to ten ideas everyday at work. I am constantly thinking and my brain never rests unless I am sleeping. I think sometimes people think I am too quiet and don't say much, but it is only because my brain in somewhere off thinking by itself. Anyway, I will continue to make lists as long as my brain will let me!

That is it for my New Years Weekend list. Wishing you a Healthy and Happy New Year!


Comments

  1. I am so glad that you are joining in our Operation Organization! Thanks for linking up and being a part of it! I think it's going to be a lot of fun AND we can get so much accomplished too! I look forward to seeing your progress!!

    xoxo!
    Marni @ Sassy Sites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your site from Sassy Sites link party.
    I would love for you to link to my Organizing Mission Monday link party! www.organizewithsandy.com
    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ipad Pillow Stand

I like to watch tutorials on my Ipad and although I have a cover that converts to a stand, it isn't always the best solution for viewing. So I decided to make one of my own inspired by these Iphone stands I found on Etsy. They are sold by dognamedbanjo  and are really unique and lovely. So I thought I could make one similar to it and here is how i did it. First I started with a 1 yard of a fabric in my two favorite colors. Then I cut the following pieces 1 Pc 13" x 13" 1 pc 29 x 13" 2 Triangle pieces 13" x 13" x 13" Next I sewed the top square to the two triangles. This is will be the sides and the base. Next I took the large rectangular piece and sewed it to the bottom of the square. Now I don't have photos of the last few steps since once it start forming a pillow it is difficult to photograph, but the process is not that difficult. Next I sewed each side of the the rectangle to one side of the triangle on both s...

T-shirt Upcycle to Cardigan

I have had this large long sleeved t-shirt for about a year. I paid $2.99 for it at the Salvation Army and appeared to be new. I had thought about embellishing it with a flower or two but could not come up with a original or cute idea so I decided to make a cardigan out of it. So lets get started and upcycle another piece of clothing! First I laid the shirt out and measured from under arm to under arm to find the exact center. Once I found the center, I cut right up the middle. This step always makes me nervous ever since I was a child and tried to cut a collar on a coat to make it narrower. It was a disaster but I try not to think about it that much and just cut. Once it was cut, I decided to use the hem from another t-shirt that I had cut up for another project.  I cut two pieces of the hem of the t- shirt long enough to cover the edge of the cardigan and wrap around the top and bottom edge. I folded over the edge and pinned Then I pinned it to one side of the cardigan. Making s...

Ikea Magazine Re-do

I recently was at Ikea and purchased two set of FLYT Magazine holders. The completely white and come in packs of 5 for $1.99. I knew that I could spruce them up with something and had a perfect idea for them. This fabric panel that I purchased at an Estate sale a few weeks ago. It was one large curtain panel that really wanted to use as upholstery for something and the magazine holders were just the perfect match. I first assembled two and stapled them together. Next step was to lay them on my fabric to figure out how much I needed. The best thing about this fabric  was that it had hemmed edges and it would make my Re-do look more finished. I cut the fabric about 2-3" longer at the top to make sure it covered the entire piece.Next I lined up the hemmed edge to the bottom and stapled it top and bottom. This okay since it's the back of the holder and I will cover it up later. As you see I had to open the bottom up so I could staple the bottom. Next I used good old Mod Podge...