Skip to main content

What I Saw Wednesday - Pantone color 17-2031 Fuchsia Rose

I am continuing my study of Pantone colors of the year. Today I will be looking at Fuchsia Rose which was the color of the year in 2001
Now not one of my favorite colors to look at, wear or have in my home, but I have noticed it does have a big influence in clothing,advertising and home goods especially at this time of year. It's Valentines's Day and Spring combined into one color. I first noticed it on a page of an Ulta  catalog.
Not only it the wording in Fuchsia Rose, but the products are in the color as well and such a nice contrast against the lemony yellow. Certainly makes me think of spring and look at the ad just a tad longer. Then I noticed that I seem to have fabrics in this color as well in my stash.
Some lovely Brenda Pinnick fabric that I won as a giveaway and it is really beautiful and I have used it for a few projects. The colors are vibrant and almost tropical and makes me think of Summer. The color has also influenced home accents and fashion as well.
From silky rose tiebacks to Louis Vitton bags and..
Nail polish..
To Designer frocks..
All the way down to my favorite Fiskars scissors that I have had for over ten years.

The influence of Pantone 17-2031 is vast and spans over many years. And now looking at all the images I think I might like the color just a little more then when I starting writing about it. Hmm, I wonder if that is what Pantone tries to accomplish with it's color of the year. I might have to investigate this further and research more as well. But for now Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ipad Pillow Stand

I like to watch tutorials on my Ipad and although I have a cover that converts to a stand, it isn't always the best solution for viewing. So I decided to make one of my own inspired by these Iphone stands I found on Etsy. They are sold by dognamedbanjo  and are really unique and lovely. So I thought I could make one similar to it and here is how i did it. First I started with a 1 yard of a fabric in my two favorite colors. Then I cut the following pieces 1 Pc 13" x 13" 1 pc 29 x 13" 2 Triangle pieces 13" x 13" x 13" Next I sewed the top square to the two triangles. This is will be the sides and the base. Next I took the large rectangular piece and sewed it to the bottom of the square. Now I don't have photos of the last few steps since once it start forming a pillow it is difficult to photograph, but the process is not that difficult. Next I sewed each side of the the rectangle to one side of the triangle on both s...

T-shirt Upcycle to Cardigan

I have had this large long sleeved t-shirt for about a year. I paid $2.99 for it at the Salvation Army and appeared to be new. I had thought about embellishing it with a flower or two but could not come up with a original or cute idea so I decided to make a cardigan out of it. So lets get started and upcycle another piece of clothing! First I laid the shirt out and measured from under arm to under arm to find the exact center. Once I found the center, I cut right up the middle. This step always makes me nervous ever since I was a child and tried to cut a collar on a coat to make it narrower. It was a disaster but I try not to think about it that much and just cut. Once it was cut, I decided to use the hem from another t-shirt that I had cut up for another project.  I cut two pieces of the hem of the t- shirt long enough to cover the edge of the cardigan and wrap around the top and bottom edge. I folded over the edge and pinned Then I pinned it to one side of the cardigan. Making s...

Ikea Magazine Re-do

I recently was at Ikea and purchased two set of FLYT Magazine holders. The completely white and come in packs of 5 for $1.99. I knew that I could spruce them up with something and had a perfect idea for them. This fabric panel that I purchased at an Estate sale a few weeks ago. It was one large curtain panel that really wanted to use as upholstery for something and the magazine holders were just the perfect match. I first assembled two and stapled them together. Next step was to lay them on my fabric to figure out how much I needed. The best thing about this fabric  was that it had hemmed edges and it would make my Re-do look more finished. I cut the fabric about 2-3" longer at the top to make sure it covered the entire piece.Next I lined up the hemmed edge to the bottom and stapled it top and bottom. This okay since it's the back of the holder and I will cover it up later. As you see I had to open the bottom up so I could staple the bottom. Next I used good old Mod Podge...