Skip to main content

Recycled Paper Flowers

I think I have spring fever and every craft that I have been thinking about lately is related to flowers. Today's craft uses recycled packing paper to make some cute and easy flowers. I found the tutorial at Craftstylish while on Stumbleupon and could not wait to make them. I tweaked the directions to suit my materials and I will talk about that later, but first I show you what I started with.
Materials needed, Paper (mine is recycled packing paper),floral wire (mine is fabric coated),beads and scissors. Next cut 15-20 three inch circles from the paper.
Then fold the disk in to eighths.
Then round the edge like a petal.
The next step is to cut two petals off but leave a tab since this will need to be glued.
Then glue the tab to the back of the next petal.
And you have a flower. The next step I changed from the tutorial since I found the coated wire, I felt I did not need to use floral tape. I took a piece of wire and thread a bead on it and twisted the wire around it to make the center of my flower. I then poked it thru the center and pushed the flower up tight. I then have a spring bouquet that will last until summer!
So pretty and simple. They probably could be made in different sizes for more visual interest.
Made from recycled paper and items I had this cost me $0.00!
Enjoy!

Comments

  1. These look so cool!! I love them. Bookmarking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Cute! I would love if you would link this project up to my weekly linky party Upcycled Awesome! http://tinyurl.com/upcycled36

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love paper projects,especially when they cost nothing to make :)
    Your flowers turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a sweet bouquet!

    I am having 2 giveaways on my blog.

    $38 store credit + free shipping to select a cute backpack from Busy little hands
    http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/03/38-store-credit-free-shipping-giveaway.html

    $15 store credit + free shipping from hair candy for girls.pettiskirts, xipper flower clips, hair accessories and more
    http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/03/15-store-credit-giveaway-from-hair.html

    All you have to do to win is leave a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently made some of these too! I used crumpled book pages and brown kraft paper. Love yours too...cute, cute :) Laurel@chippingwithcharm

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww these are so cute!!

    Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love paper flowers! and these are simply adorable. Might just have to make some. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this especially in the silver container!

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are really pretty. They look perfect in that vase.

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE these! Really great idea. So glad I came across your blog. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nifty & Thrifty!! Super cute flowers. So happy you joined last weeks K.I.S.S. blog bash, your creativity is appreciated. Please remember tomorrow is another fun blog bash, drop by & share more inspiring ideas!

    Drop by The Tattered Tag

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this tutorial, the flowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ipad Pillow Stand

I like to watch tutorials on my Ipad and although I have a cover that converts to a stand, it isn't always the best solution for viewing. So I decided to make one of my own inspired by these Iphone stands I found on Etsy. They are sold by dognamedbanjo  and are really unique and lovely. So I thought I could make one similar to it and here is how i did it. First I started with a 1 yard of a fabric in my two favorite colors. Then I cut the following pieces 1 Pc 13" x 13" 1 pc 29 x 13" 2 Triangle pieces 13" x 13" x 13" Next I sewed the top square to the two triangles. This is will be the sides and the base. Next I took the large rectangular piece and sewed it to the bottom of the square. Now I don't have photos of the last few steps since once it start forming a pillow it is difficult to photograph, but the process is not that difficult. Next I sewed each side of the the rectangle to one side of the triangle on both s...

T-shirt Upcycle to Cardigan

I have had this large long sleeved t-shirt for about a year. I paid $2.99 for it at the Salvation Army and appeared to be new. I had thought about embellishing it with a flower or two but could not come up with a original or cute idea so I decided to make a cardigan out of it. So lets get started and upcycle another piece of clothing! First I laid the shirt out and measured from under arm to under arm to find the exact center. Once I found the center, I cut right up the middle. This step always makes me nervous ever since I was a child and tried to cut a collar on a coat to make it narrower. It was a disaster but I try not to think about it that much and just cut. Once it was cut, I decided to use the hem from another t-shirt that I had cut up for another project.  I cut two pieces of the hem of the t- shirt long enough to cover the edge of the cardigan and wrap around the top and bottom edge. I folded over the edge and pinned Then I pinned it to one side of the cardigan. Making s...

Ikea Magazine Re-do

I recently was at Ikea and purchased two set of FLYT Magazine holders. The completely white and come in packs of 5 for $1.99. I knew that I could spruce them up with something and had a perfect idea for them. This fabric panel that I purchased at an Estate sale a few weeks ago. It was one large curtain panel that really wanted to use as upholstery for something and the magazine holders were just the perfect match. I first assembled two and stapled them together. Next step was to lay them on my fabric to figure out how much I needed. The best thing about this fabric  was that it had hemmed edges and it would make my Re-do look more finished. I cut the fabric about 2-3" longer at the top to make sure it covered the entire piece.Next I lined up the hemmed edge to the bottom and stapled it top and bottom. This okay since it's the back of the holder and I will cover it up later. As you see I had to open the bottom up so I could staple the bottom. Next I used good old Mod Podge...