Skip to main content

Chip Can Chiminea With Krylon spray paint

I love recycling projects and now that summer is here I can be outside to paint,create and recycle. The most recent recycling project has been to find a use for leftover chip cans from my favorite snack and Krylon Dual Paint & Primer  Spray Paint in Gloss Leather Brown.

 To start my project I needed just a few items from my craft stash and my garage. A few washers in different sizes, pony beads, single nail,hammer,glue gun and battery operated candles

Next I took the nail and proceeded to make random holes in the chip can. Being careful not to bend or hit it to hard so as not to make any creases.
After the cans were all full of holes, I next took washers and applied one to each hole with hot glue.
Then I did the same with the pony beads.
After the beads were all adhered, I sprayed each piece with a few coats of brown spray paint waiting about 25 minutes in between coats.
It took about 3 coats to get the cans completely covered a long with the beads and washers. 
Lastly I inserted a battery operated light and hung with a piece of faux leather.
Or they can be placed in the garden for a little bit of light.
My Chip Can Chiminea was complete. Enjoy!
A super easy project made easier with Krylon Dual Spray Paint.
Krylon sent me the new Dual Paint to try out. Check out their latest promotion, The Dual Duel, where Krylon is looking to find The Ultimate Restorer. To win this title, enter your spray paint restoration project and encourage friends and family to vote for your project as their favorite for their chance to win too.
Dual Duel Button

Comments

  1. I love the washer one! So pretty! I wish I was more creative, but I have to live vicariously through others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea! Looks great!

    I'm a new follower from the Fancy Friday Hop! Would love it if you stopped by my blog www.mommydigger.com and follow me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a thrifty idea for a patio or garden light! Love it and will have to share idea with my crafty friends too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ipad Pillow Stand

I like to watch tutorials on my Ipad and although I have a cover that converts to a stand, it isn't always the best solution for viewing. So I decided to make one of my own inspired by these Iphone stands I found on Etsy. They are sold by dognamedbanjo  and are really unique and lovely. So I thought I could make one similar to it and here is how i did it. First I started with a 1 yard of a fabric in my two favorite colors. Then I cut the following pieces 1 Pc 13" x 13" 1 pc 29 x 13" 2 Triangle pieces 13" x 13" x 13" Next I sewed the top square to the two triangles. This is will be the sides and the base. Next I took the large rectangular piece and sewed it to the bottom of the square. Now I don't have photos of the last few steps since once it start forming a pillow it is difficult to photograph, but the process is not that difficult. Next I sewed each side of the the rectangle to one side of the triangle on both s...

T-shirt Upcycle to Cardigan

I have had this large long sleeved t-shirt for about a year. I paid $2.99 for it at the Salvation Army and appeared to be new. I had thought about embellishing it with a flower or two but could not come up with a original or cute idea so I decided to make a cardigan out of it. So lets get started and upcycle another piece of clothing! First I laid the shirt out and measured from under arm to under arm to find the exact center. Once I found the center, I cut right up the middle. This step always makes me nervous ever since I was a child and tried to cut a collar on a coat to make it narrower. It was a disaster but I try not to think about it that much and just cut. Once it was cut, I decided to use the hem from another t-shirt that I had cut up for another project.  I cut two pieces of the hem of the t- shirt long enough to cover the edge of the cardigan and wrap around the top and bottom edge. I folded over the edge and pinned Then I pinned it to one side of the cardigan. Making s...

Ikea Magazine Re-do

I recently was at Ikea and purchased two set of FLYT Magazine holders. The completely white and come in packs of 5 for $1.99. I knew that I could spruce them up with something and had a perfect idea for them. This fabric panel that I purchased at an Estate sale a few weeks ago. It was one large curtain panel that really wanted to use as upholstery for something and the magazine holders were just the perfect match. I first assembled two and stapled them together. Next step was to lay them on my fabric to figure out how much I needed. The best thing about this fabric  was that it had hemmed edges and it would make my Re-do look more finished. I cut the fabric about 2-3" longer at the top to make sure it covered the entire piece.Next I lined up the hemmed edge to the bottom and stapled it top and bottom. This okay since it's the back of the holder and I will cover it up later. As you see I had to open the bottom up so I could staple the bottom. Next I used good old Mod Podge...