Skip to main content

A Year of Challenges and Milestones

Writing a post once a Year? I can't believe a year has past and I am just getting back to posting. Well I guess I could say I was busy, but that isn't the reason. I have at numerous times started a few lines of post but then would get distracted or tired or lose my thoughts and figure I would get back to it another day. I can say it it has happened at least 6 times over the last year. So what I have I been wanting to write about for the last year? Well few things...

 Challenges
This year has been a challenge for me Mentally. Mentally realizing that my brain can be used in other ways other than figuring out how to create jewelry and finally using some of my Math degree some 20 something years later actually using what I learned in college. I also had to retrain my brain as well and that was tough and tiring. A challenge that I still work everyday and self teach myself with online tutorials and books. Who said you can't teach an old dog new trick, either had a dumb dog or wasn't talking about this old dog.
Milestones
Not only did I reach a milestone birthday last year, I also reached a milestone physically. Over the last year and half I have lost just over 25 pounds. I have always been physically active and a decent weight but became very last lazy over the last few years and had gained some unwanted weight. I started slow by walking on my lunch and then adding going to the gym after work. Changing my diet and how and what I eat have made a huge impact as well. This was not quick weight loss diet or fad workout, just a general commitment to the working out and eliminating really bad food choices. Is tough work but every milestone is worth it and then it's time for another goal.
So what is going to happen in the new year? I am not sure yet, but I think it will be full of challenges and milestone, and I will be sure to keep you updated by years end.
Enjoy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ipad Pillow Stand

I like to watch tutorials on my Ipad and although I have a cover that converts to a stand, it isn't always the best solution for viewing. So I decided to make one of my own inspired by these Iphone stands I found on Etsy. They are sold by dognamedbanjo  and are really unique and lovely. So I thought I could make one similar to it and here is how i did it. First I started with a 1 yard of a fabric in my two favorite colors. Then I cut the following pieces 1 Pc 13" x 13" 1 pc 29 x 13" 2 Triangle pieces 13" x 13" x 13" Next I sewed the top square to the two triangles. This is will be the sides and the base. Next I took the large rectangular piece and sewed it to the bottom of the square. Now I don't have photos of the last few steps since once it start forming a pillow it is difficult to photograph, but the process is not that difficult. Next I sewed each side of the the rectangle to one side of the triangle on both s...

T-shirt Upcycle to Cardigan

I have had this large long sleeved t-shirt for about a year. I paid $2.99 for it at the Salvation Army and appeared to be new. I had thought about embellishing it with a flower or two but could not come up with a original or cute idea so I decided to make a cardigan out of it. So lets get started and upcycle another piece of clothing! First I laid the shirt out and measured from under arm to under arm to find the exact center. Once I found the center, I cut right up the middle. This step always makes me nervous ever since I was a child and tried to cut a collar on a coat to make it narrower. It was a disaster but I try not to think about it that much and just cut. Once it was cut, I decided to use the hem from another t-shirt that I had cut up for another project.  I cut two pieces of the hem of the t- shirt long enough to cover the edge of the cardigan and wrap around the top and bottom edge. I folded over the edge and pinned Then I pinned it to one side of the cardigan. Making s...

Ikea Magazine Re-do

I recently was at Ikea and purchased two set of FLYT Magazine holders. The completely white and come in packs of 5 for $1.99. I knew that I could spruce them up with something and had a perfect idea for them. This fabric panel that I purchased at an Estate sale a few weeks ago. It was one large curtain panel that really wanted to use as upholstery for something and the magazine holders were just the perfect match. I first assembled two and stapled them together. Next step was to lay them on my fabric to figure out how much I needed. The best thing about this fabric  was that it had hemmed edges and it would make my Re-do look more finished. I cut the fabric about 2-3" longer at the top to make sure it covered the entire piece.Next I lined up the hemmed edge to the bottom and stapled it top and bottom. This okay since it's the back of the holder and I will cover it up later. As you see I had to open the bottom up so I could staple the bottom. Next I used good old Mod Podge...