Skip to main content

Inspiration

Inspiration
It comes in many forms for me. This is my old schools Pinterest board that decorates my studio cork board. Things I would like to make, buy or recreate. It usually involves Christmas decorations or sewing projects cut from magazines or catalogs. I see these images and think... I can make that for less than the cost. So far, all of these have not been made, but there is always this year.
 The above images is from the Candle Light Processional at Was Disney World this past this past December.It was a reading of the Christmas story by Neil Patrick Harris accompanied by some of the countries most talented singers and musicians. A lovey presentation of music and singing with audience participation in the singing of Silent Night. Although I am not a religious person, this was an inspiring event that gave me goosebumps and brought me to tears. Even now writing about, weeks later it, it still has the same effect. I can barely talk about without getting teared up.
Recycling junk is a passion, if not a problem solving exercise. My brain looks at cardboard,felt,paper,metal and plastic that it part of packaging and tries to think of new and creative ways to re-use it. Sometimes I feel like a hoarder saving all these types of things, but I can say that I have used many thing over the years and do tend to re-recylce items when I feel like they are no longer useful.
The colors of Nature are always an inspiration. I am always surprised by the colors that nature has to offer. It doesn't matter the color, they are all beautiful, vibrant and never the same.
Christmas inspiration.
 I know that they holiday is over, but I found so many inspirational ideas this year. From the wood carved trees to the fabulously decorated trees in resorts and hotels.


Inspiration is everywhere. Just need to open your eyes and see it.
What inspires you?

Enjoy,
Janet







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ipad Pillow Stand

I like to watch tutorials on my Ipad and although I have a cover that converts to a stand, it isn't always the best solution for viewing. So I decided to make one of my own inspired by these Iphone stands I found on Etsy. They are sold by dognamedbanjo  and are really unique and lovely. So I thought I could make one similar to it and here is how i did it. First I started with a 1 yard of a fabric in my two favorite colors. Then I cut the following pieces 1 Pc 13" x 13" 1 pc 29 x 13" 2 Triangle pieces 13" x 13" x 13" Next I sewed the top square to the two triangles. This is will be the sides and the base. Next I took the large rectangular piece and sewed it to the bottom of the square. Now I don't have photos of the last few steps since once it start forming a pillow it is difficult to photograph, but the process is not that difficult. Next I sewed each side of the the rectangle to one side of the triangle on both s...

T-shirt Upcycle to Cardigan

I have had this large long sleeved t-shirt for about a year. I paid $2.99 for it at the Salvation Army and appeared to be new. I had thought about embellishing it with a flower or two but could not come up with a original or cute idea so I decided to make a cardigan out of it. So lets get started and upcycle another piece of clothing! First I laid the shirt out and measured from under arm to under arm to find the exact center. Once I found the center, I cut right up the middle. This step always makes me nervous ever since I was a child and tried to cut a collar on a coat to make it narrower. It was a disaster but I try not to think about it that much and just cut. Once it was cut, I decided to use the hem from another t-shirt that I had cut up for another project.  I cut two pieces of the hem of the t- shirt long enough to cover the edge of the cardigan and wrap around the top and bottom edge. I folded over the edge and pinned Then I pinned it to one side of the cardigan. Making s...

Ikea Magazine Re-do

I recently was at Ikea and purchased two set of FLYT Magazine holders. The completely white and come in packs of 5 for $1.99. I knew that I could spruce them up with something and had a perfect idea for them. This fabric panel that I purchased at an Estate sale a few weeks ago. It was one large curtain panel that really wanted to use as upholstery for something and the magazine holders were just the perfect match. I first assembled two and stapled them together. Next step was to lay them on my fabric to figure out how much I needed. The best thing about this fabric  was that it had hemmed edges and it would make my Re-do look more finished. I cut the fabric about 2-3" longer at the top to make sure it covered the entire piece.Next I lined up the hemmed edge to the bottom and stapled it top and bottom. This okay since it's the back of the holder and I will cover it up later. As you see I had to open the bottom up so I could staple the bottom. Next I used good old Mod Podge...