I like to watch tutorials on my Ipad and although I have a cover that converts to a stand, it isn't always the best solution for viewing. So I decided to make one of my own inspired by these Iphone stands I found on Etsy. They are sold by dognamedbanjo and are really unique and lovely. So I thought I could make one similar to it and here is how i did it. First I started with a 1 yard of a fabric in my two favorite colors. Then I cut the following pieces 1 Pc 13" x 13" 1 pc 29 x 13" 2 Triangle pieces 13" x 13" x 13" Next I sewed the top square to the two triangles. This is will be the sides and the base. Next I took the large rectangular piece and sewed it to the bottom of the square. Now I don't have photos of the last few steps since once it start forming a pillow it is difficult to photograph, but the process is not that difficult. Next I sewed each side of the the rectangle to one side of the triangle on both s...
My friend had someone do it for her. This woman had done her own (this was her 2nd time). Quite honestly, it looked like a bad 1980's faux finish. I'm sure someone more experienced or with a better esthetic could make it look better. The countertop is a beige. It started with a black which, in my mind looked so much better. Several colors of beige are then sponged on top. Veining is added, then two coats of clear poly. 80's faux finish.
ReplyDelete