Skip to main content

Plant Planning

Every year in the middle of May I make my way to the greenhouse to buy my plants for the season. The day is hastily approaching and luckily I have thoughtfully planned out my purchases. First I take a look at all the flowers that I have bought in the past. You see I save those little information sticks from each plant and make notes on how they grow and bloom.

This is just a sampling of what I have bought in years past and many duplicates. The next year I make a shopping list in my notebook for each set of pots. I take the information sticks and place them right next to the list so I can visually see that I want to buy. This was the shopping for 2009 for Medium pots near my front door. 

Sad to say that I do not have a photo of what they looked like. They were quite beautiful but I did not go with the Dahlia since they get rather bushy and so went with a Zinnia in a gold color. This years shopping list was complied until I had a pre-visit to the greenhouse and saw some other plants I would like to use.
I have already purchased the Cupid's Dart and the Speedwell Veronica and have been planted in my garden as they are perennials. The Stock and Phlox are very bright and may attract butterflies so I may use them in the backyard. Okay, so I have my list and my plans,now I just have to wait for Friday to get here so I can start this projects. I have had enough plant planning!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ipad Pillow Stand

I like to watch tutorials on my Ipad and although I have a cover that converts to a stand, it isn't always the best solution for viewing. So I decided to make one of my own inspired by these Iphone stands I found on Etsy. They are sold by dognamedbanjo  and are really unique and lovely. So I thought I could make one similar to it and here is how i did it. First I started with a 1 yard of a fabric in my two favorite colors. Then I cut the following pieces 1 Pc 13" x 13" 1 pc 29 x 13" 2 Triangle pieces 13" x 13" x 13" Next I sewed the top square to the two triangles. This is will be the sides and the base. Next I took the large rectangular piece and sewed it to the bottom of the square. Now I don't have photos of the last few steps since once it start forming a pillow it is difficult to photograph, but the process is not that difficult. Next I sewed each side of the the rectangle to one side of the triangle on both s...

T-shirt Upcycle to Cardigan

I have had this large long sleeved t-shirt for about a year. I paid $2.99 for it at the Salvation Army and appeared to be new. I had thought about embellishing it with a flower or two but could not come up with a original or cute idea so I decided to make a cardigan out of it. So lets get started and upcycle another piece of clothing! First I laid the shirt out and measured from under arm to under arm to find the exact center. Once I found the center, I cut right up the middle. This step always makes me nervous ever since I was a child and tried to cut a collar on a coat to make it narrower. It was a disaster but I try not to think about it that much and just cut. Once it was cut, I decided to use the hem from another t-shirt that I had cut up for another project.  I cut two pieces of the hem of the t- shirt long enough to cover the edge of the cardigan and wrap around the top and bottom edge. I folded over the edge and pinned Then I pinned it to one side of the cardigan. Making s...

Ikea Magazine Re-do

I recently was at Ikea and purchased two set of FLYT Magazine holders. The completely white and come in packs of 5 for $1.99. I knew that I could spruce them up with something and had a perfect idea for them. This fabric panel that I purchased at an Estate sale a few weeks ago. It was one large curtain panel that really wanted to use as upholstery for something and the magazine holders were just the perfect match. I first assembled two and stapled them together. Next step was to lay them on my fabric to figure out how much I needed. The best thing about this fabric  was that it had hemmed edges and it would make my Re-do look more finished. I cut the fabric about 2-3" longer at the top to make sure it covered the entire piece.Next I lined up the hemmed edge to the bottom and stapled it top and bottom. This okay since it's the back of the holder and I will cover it up later. As you see I had to open the bottom up so I could staple the bottom. Next I used good old Mod Podge...