Skip to main content

Mod Podge Initial Pendants

I decided to try another project with Mod Podge and it turned out great. I started with this miss mash of items.
It consisted of Mod Podge, some fake gold coin pendants that I had, pendant bails, fabric and typewriter key inserts. First I cut two small squares of the fabric and coated one side of each coin with Mod Podge.
Next I flipped them over and coated the right side with about 4 coats of Mod Podge, waiting about 15-20 minutes in between.
Once it was dry I took small scissors and cut around the coin. This was easy since the fabric was stiff and you can butt the scissors right up to the coin.
Here are the two coins finished and ready for a pendant bail.

The coins already had a hole at the top so I just took the scissors and poked a hole and pushed the bail thru. The bail I used was a self closing and I only needed to bend it slightly to get it thru the hole and bend it back to snap it closed.
The last step was to apply the typewriter key insert. I just took a little more Mod Podge and applied it to the back of the key and stuck it to the pendant. Making sure to spread out any excess Mod Podge that was pressed from under the key. 
I let it dry about an hour before placing them on a omega necklace. I think they look great and can't wait to wear them.
I think I might wear just the 'J' by it's self and I might make some more variations as well since I have over 1000 keys! This might be a Etsy item in the making! Enjoy!










Comments

  1. Cool idea well done! Haven't used the versatile stuff for jewelry yet, now you've got me thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out very cute - nice job! Thank you for linking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out sooo cute!! Great job!!!Hi..I’m Barb…
    I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com & get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well. I also would love for you to be a new Fan of my Facebook page too & click “LIKE” in the upper right hand corner of my blog & you’ve done it..Thanks so much! I am just starting at Facebook. Nice to meet ya new friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute :) Thanks for coming and linking up. Happy day to you. I love when we can take things and make some cute creation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! Mod Podge is such a magical thing! They pendants are great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pendants! Very cute!

    Thanks for linking up with me for Friday Favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ipad Pillow Stand

I like to watch tutorials on my Ipad and although I have a cover that converts to a stand, it isn't always the best solution for viewing. So I decided to make one of my own inspired by these Iphone stands I found on Etsy. They are sold by dognamedbanjo  and are really unique and lovely. So I thought I could make one similar to it and here is how i did it. First I started with a 1 yard of a fabric in my two favorite colors. Then I cut the following pieces 1 Pc 13" x 13" 1 pc 29 x 13" 2 Triangle pieces 13" x 13" x 13" Next I sewed the top square to the two triangles. This is will be the sides and the base. Next I took the large rectangular piece and sewed it to the bottom of the square. Now I don't have photos of the last few steps since once it start forming a pillow it is difficult to photograph, but the process is not that difficult. Next I sewed each side of the the rectangle to one side of the triangle on both s...

T-shirt Upcycle to Cardigan

I have had this large long sleeved t-shirt for about a year. I paid $2.99 for it at the Salvation Army and appeared to be new. I had thought about embellishing it with a flower or two but could not come up with a original or cute idea so I decided to make a cardigan out of it. So lets get started and upcycle another piece of clothing! First I laid the shirt out and measured from under arm to under arm to find the exact center. Once I found the center, I cut right up the middle. This step always makes me nervous ever since I was a child and tried to cut a collar on a coat to make it narrower. It was a disaster but I try not to think about it that much and just cut. Once it was cut, I decided to use the hem from another t-shirt that I had cut up for another project.  I cut two pieces of the hem of the t- shirt long enough to cover the edge of the cardigan and wrap around the top and bottom edge. I folded over the edge and pinned Then I pinned it to one side of the cardigan. Making s...

Ikea Magazine Re-do

I recently was at Ikea and purchased two set of FLYT Magazine holders. The completely white and come in packs of 5 for $1.99. I knew that I could spruce them up with something and had a perfect idea for them. This fabric panel that I purchased at an Estate sale a few weeks ago. It was one large curtain panel that really wanted to use as upholstery for something and the magazine holders were just the perfect match. I first assembled two and stapled them together. Next step was to lay them on my fabric to figure out how much I needed. The best thing about this fabric  was that it had hemmed edges and it would make my Re-do look more finished. I cut the fabric about 2-3" longer at the top to make sure it covered the entire piece.Next I lined up the hemmed edge to the bottom and stapled it top and bottom. This okay since it's the back of the holder and I will cover it up later. As you see I had to open the bottom up so I could staple the bottom. Next I used good old Mod Podge...