Skip to main content

Changing my Image

I have been thinking about changing my Blog image for awhile now. The image of the colored pencils slightly reflects who I am but not exactly. I don't have many photos of myself since I am usually the one behind the camera and I can honestly say that really don't like any photos of myself anyway. So when it came to changing my blog image, I stepped back and thought about how my image has changed over the years..
First I was this girly girl in the pretty pink and blue dress looking for rainbows..
Then some years passed and I went thru those awkward preteen and teenage years playing tennis and trying to stay out of trouble...

The after college, getting a job and dressing for the office... (yes I made that costume)

Then after meeting my husband, I became a biker chick for a few years.. Riding and documenting our trips...

And then lastly become a blogger and searching for my really talents....

Sorry no photo me sitting here at my desk at 6:18 am with bedhead. So I have changed a little over the years so I thought it was time to change my blog identity as well to this...

It reflects more of all the things that I am interested in and the things I use to create (ah..my sewing machine would not fit in the jar) So for now this is me for awhile, until I feel the need to change again!

Comments

  1. I like it! ...and I LOVE the pic of you as a little girl. ...and the biker chick picture! You totally know how to rock a leather jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm following you from the Friday Blog Hop. Lovely Blog! You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for being a part of the Sassy Sites blog hop! Happy Friday! xoxo

    Marni @ Sassy Sites
    http://sassysites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ipad Pillow Stand

I like to watch tutorials on my Ipad and although I have a cover that converts to a stand, it isn't always the best solution for viewing. So I decided to make one of my own inspired by these Iphone stands I found on Etsy. They are sold by dognamedbanjo  and are really unique and lovely. So I thought I could make one similar to it and here is how i did it. First I started with a 1 yard of a fabric in my two favorite colors. Then I cut the following pieces 1 Pc 13" x 13" 1 pc 29 x 13" 2 Triangle pieces 13" x 13" x 13" Next I sewed the top square to the two triangles. This is will be the sides and the base. Next I took the large rectangular piece and sewed it to the bottom of the square. Now I don't have photos of the last few steps since once it start forming a pillow it is difficult to photograph, but the process is not that difficult. Next I sewed each side of the the rectangle to one side of the triangle on both s...

T-shirt Upcycle to Cardigan

I have had this large long sleeved t-shirt for about a year. I paid $2.99 for it at the Salvation Army and appeared to be new. I had thought about embellishing it with a flower or two but could not come up with a original or cute idea so I decided to make a cardigan out of it. So lets get started and upcycle another piece of clothing! First I laid the shirt out and measured from under arm to under arm to find the exact center. Once I found the center, I cut right up the middle. This step always makes me nervous ever since I was a child and tried to cut a collar on a coat to make it narrower. It was a disaster but I try not to think about it that much and just cut. Once it was cut, I decided to use the hem from another t-shirt that I had cut up for another project.  I cut two pieces of the hem of the t- shirt long enough to cover the edge of the cardigan and wrap around the top and bottom edge. I folded over the edge and pinned Then I pinned it to one side of the cardigan. Making s...

Ikea Magazine Re-do

I recently was at Ikea and purchased two set of FLYT Magazine holders. The completely white and come in packs of 5 for $1.99. I knew that I could spruce them up with something and had a perfect idea for them. This fabric panel that I purchased at an Estate sale a few weeks ago. It was one large curtain panel that really wanted to use as upholstery for something and the magazine holders were just the perfect match. I first assembled two and stapled them together. Next step was to lay them on my fabric to figure out how much I needed. The best thing about this fabric  was that it had hemmed edges and it would make my Re-do look more finished. I cut the fabric about 2-3" longer at the top to make sure it covered the entire piece.Next I lined up the hemmed edge to the bottom and stapled it top and bottom. This okay since it's the back of the holder and I will cover it up later. As you see I had to open the bottom up so I could staple the bottom. Next I used good old Mod Podge...