Skip to main content

A Fall? Weekend Project List

Usually September here in the Northeast is really an extension of the summer with warm and sunny days. Not this year as it has been cold,cloudy and gloomy and it is making me think about fall projects and Halloween. I am really not ready for this yet as I will be headed to the beach in a few weeks and it is still feels like summer to me, but I have a few fall like projects on the list.
First is to switch over my outdoor plantings to fall will a few mums.
This was at the beginning of the summer but now it looks very over grown and ratty, so I will be freshening it up with some yellow hardy Mums that will last into November.
Next are these Ghost globes, I have seen many version of all over the blog world (and better versions than these). Mine will be a similar idea but I won't tell what the difference will be until they are completed.

Lastly is to put more of my fabric headbands in my Etsy shop. I finally finished some in some fun fabrics and will be getting them in the shop today or over the weekend.

They are so fun to make and wear that I can't stop doing both! I think that is it for the  weekend list plus I have a few things from last week that need to be finished up. So have a great Fall weekend and Enjoy!

Comments

  1. I love the name of your blog, so clever!

    I'm following from Sassy sites, can't wait to see more of your blog! I would love a follow back!

    http://frugalformyfriends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite a list for this weekend, I hope you are really productive! Thanks for linking up your Ikea magazine holder makeover at A Crafty Soiree! I hope to see you next week too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ipad Pillow Stand

I like to watch tutorials on my Ipad and although I have a cover that converts to a stand, it isn't always the best solution for viewing. So I decided to make one of my own inspired by these Iphone stands I found on Etsy. They are sold by dognamedbanjo  and are really unique and lovely. So I thought I could make one similar to it and here is how i did it. First I started with a 1 yard of a fabric in my two favorite colors. Then I cut the following pieces 1 Pc 13" x 13" 1 pc 29 x 13" 2 Triangle pieces 13" x 13" x 13" Next I sewed the top square to the two triangles. This is will be the sides and the base. Next I took the large rectangular piece and sewed it to the bottom of the square. Now I don't have photos of the last few steps since once it start forming a pillow it is difficult to photograph, but the process is not that difficult. Next I sewed each side of the the rectangle to one side of the triangle on both s...

T-shirt Upcycle to Cardigan

I have had this large long sleeved t-shirt for about a year. I paid $2.99 for it at the Salvation Army and appeared to be new. I had thought about embellishing it with a flower or two but could not come up with a original or cute idea so I decided to make a cardigan out of it. So lets get started and upcycle another piece of clothing! First I laid the shirt out and measured from under arm to under arm to find the exact center. Once I found the center, I cut right up the middle. This step always makes me nervous ever since I was a child and tried to cut a collar on a coat to make it narrower. It was a disaster but I try not to think about it that much and just cut. Once it was cut, I decided to use the hem from another t-shirt that I had cut up for another project.  I cut two pieces of the hem of the t- shirt long enough to cover the edge of the cardigan and wrap around the top and bottom edge. I folded over the edge and pinned Then I pinned it to one side of the cardigan. Making s...

Ikea Magazine Re-do

I recently was at Ikea and purchased two set of FLYT Magazine holders. The completely white and come in packs of 5 for $1.99. I knew that I could spruce them up with something and had a perfect idea for them. This fabric panel that I purchased at an Estate sale a few weeks ago. It was one large curtain panel that really wanted to use as upholstery for something and the magazine holders were just the perfect match. I first assembled two and stapled them together. Next step was to lay them on my fabric to figure out how much I needed. The best thing about this fabric  was that it had hemmed edges and it would make my Re-do look more finished. I cut the fabric about 2-3" longer at the top to make sure it covered the entire piece.Next I lined up the hemmed edge to the bottom and stapled it top and bottom. This okay since it's the back of the holder and I will cover it up later. As you see I had to open the bottom up so I could staple the bottom. Next I used good old Mod Podge...