Skip to main content

Halloween Beans

I am not sure how I came up with this idea since I rarely cook and wandering around the grocery store I stumbled upon these Navy Beans.
When I saw them, I didn't think food I thought subtle Halloween. I am leaning towards whites and blacks this Halloween since my main living area is Orange and too much Orange can be a very bad thing. I first needed to make the beans look Halloweenie..
So I bought these Halloween Glitter Pumpkins that would work just perfect for my decoration idea. We have an entertainment unit with glass doors and currently it looks like like this on both sides.
Yes those are Antique Christmas ornaments, but I love colors and the sparkle. So I took the glass containers out and filled them with beans.
Next I took two of the glitter stickers and placed them in the beans.
So easy! The beans were about $1.39 and the stickers here $1.00. But look how cute and you could take the stickers out and replace with just about anything,, snowflakes,leafs,turkeys or buttons! Numerous ideas that could be changed for the seasons. I also put just one on each side in case it was viewed from the side.
Then I finished up the second one..
So simple and easy and took 10 minutes max!

Here they are on the bookcase for now since I love how they look! Seriously easy and if you don't have the containers you could use Glasses or Mason Jars. You could also use different kinds of beans as well! So go and try it and Enjoy!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ipad Pillow Stand

I like to watch tutorials on my Ipad and although I have a cover that converts to a stand, it isn't always the best solution for viewing. So I decided to make one of my own inspired by these Iphone stands I found on Etsy. They are sold by dognamedbanjo  and are really unique and lovely. So I thought I could make one similar to it and here is how i did it. First I started with a 1 yard of a fabric in my two favorite colors. Then I cut the following pieces 1 Pc 13" x 13" 1 pc 29 x 13" 2 Triangle pieces 13" x 13" x 13" Next I sewed the top square to the two triangles. This is will be the sides and the base. Next I took the large rectangular piece and sewed it to the bottom of the square. Now I don't have photos of the last few steps since once it start forming a pillow it is difficult to photograph, but the process is not that difficult. Next I sewed each side of the the rectangle to one side of the triangle on both s...

T-shirt Upcycle to Cardigan

I have had this large long sleeved t-shirt for about a year. I paid $2.99 for it at the Salvation Army and appeared to be new. I had thought about embellishing it with a flower or two but could not come up with a original or cute idea so I decided to make a cardigan out of it. So lets get started and upcycle another piece of clothing! First I laid the shirt out and measured from under arm to under arm to find the exact center. Once I found the center, I cut right up the middle. This step always makes me nervous ever since I was a child and tried to cut a collar on a coat to make it narrower. It was a disaster but I try not to think about it that much and just cut. Once it was cut, I decided to use the hem from another t-shirt that I had cut up for another project.  I cut two pieces of the hem of the t- shirt long enough to cover the edge of the cardigan and wrap around the top and bottom edge. I folded over the edge and pinned Then I pinned it to one side of the cardigan. Making s...

Ikea Magazine Re-do

I recently was at Ikea and purchased two set of FLYT Magazine holders. The completely white and come in packs of 5 for $1.99. I knew that I could spruce them up with something and had a perfect idea for them. This fabric panel that I purchased at an Estate sale a few weeks ago. It was one large curtain panel that really wanted to use as upholstery for something and the magazine holders were just the perfect match. I first assembled two and stapled them together. Next step was to lay them on my fabric to figure out how much I needed. The best thing about this fabric  was that it had hemmed edges and it would make my Re-do look more finished. I cut the fabric about 2-3" longer at the top to make sure it covered the entire piece.Next I lined up the hemmed edge to the bottom and stapled it top and bottom. This okay since it's the back of the holder and I will cover it up later. As you see I had to open the bottom up so I could staple the bottom. Next I used good old Mod Podge...