Skip to main content

Tonic Living

I am in constant search for the perfect fabrics for projects and I always end up at Tonic Living.  The have a large selection of fabrics and they are awesome when it comes to customer service. They are located in Toronto,Canada but ship to the US at very fair prices. I contacted them recently to have them quote me on two of roman shades and the price (which I won't reveal until I actually purchase them) was unbelievable and reasonable. They sent me images of past projects and I am in love with all of them.
I love this Sweet William fabric and considering it for my Craft Room desk chair, but after seeing it in a roman shade it might be to pretty to sit on and better as a shade.
I like this sunny yellow shade not only for the the color but for the symmetry of the pattern. I like a good geometric pattern but I think the color may not work. I found a few that might work but may order a swatch for only a dollar of possibly the following.



But not sure yet since they may have too much green and might be too busy. You are probably wondering why I don't attempt to make this myself.Well I considered it, there are two things holding me back. One is that I don't think my sewing skills are up to the task and second if i do make them, I am a bit of perfectionist and they will never look right in my eyes. So I think I will leave it up to the professionals so that I don't have to see every mistake I have made. I will keep you posted on the shades and what fabric I select and in the meantime take a look at what Tonic Living has to offer! You won't be disappointed! Enjoy!

PS: I am not in anyway affiliated with Tonic Living and not being paid for this endorsement.


Comments

  1. Oh I love these fabrics used on the roman shades. I visited Tonic Living after reading your post and was very impressed with the fabrics and prices. How do you tell, though, the way the way the fabric feels, whether it is a good stiff fabric or a softer vintage-feeling fabric? I also LOVE those roman shades pictured. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would suggest getting a sample of a fabric if you are concerned about the texture. Most of those that I have ordered have been a smooth 100% fabric but I know that the Sweet William has a heavier woven texture since I received a sample of it. All their fabrics are of high quality

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ipad Pillow Stand

I like to watch tutorials on my Ipad and although I have a cover that converts to a stand, it isn't always the best solution for viewing. So I decided to make one of my own inspired by these Iphone stands I found on Etsy. They are sold by dognamedbanjo  and are really unique and lovely. So I thought I could make one similar to it and here is how i did it. First I started with a 1 yard of a fabric in my two favorite colors. Then I cut the following pieces 1 Pc 13" x 13" 1 pc 29 x 13" 2 Triangle pieces 13" x 13" x 13" Next I sewed the top square to the two triangles. This is will be the sides and the base. Next I took the large rectangular piece and sewed it to the bottom of the square. Now I don't have photos of the last few steps since once it start forming a pillow it is difficult to photograph, but the process is not that difficult. Next I sewed each side of the the rectangle to one side of the triangle on both s...

T-shirt Upcycle to Cardigan

I have had this large long sleeved t-shirt for about a year. I paid $2.99 for it at the Salvation Army and appeared to be new. I had thought about embellishing it with a flower or two but could not come up with a original or cute idea so I decided to make a cardigan out of it. So lets get started and upcycle another piece of clothing! First I laid the shirt out and measured from under arm to under arm to find the exact center. Once I found the center, I cut right up the middle. This step always makes me nervous ever since I was a child and tried to cut a collar on a coat to make it narrower. It was a disaster but I try not to think about it that much and just cut. Once it was cut, I decided to use the hem from another t-shirt that I had cut up for another project.  I cut two pieces of the hem of the t- shirt long enough to cover the edge of the cardigan and wrap around the top and bottom edge. I folded over the edge and pinned Then I pinned it to one side of the cardigan. Making s...

Ikea Magazine Re-do

I recently was at Ikea and purchased two set of FLYT Magazine holders. The completely white and come in packs of 5 for $1.99. I knew that I could spruce them up with something and had a perfect idea for them. This fabric panel that I purchased at an Estate sale a few weeks ago. It was one large curtain panel that really wanted to use as upholstery for something and the magazine holders were just the perfect match. I first assembled two and stapled them together. Next step was to lay them on my fabric to figure out how much I needed. The best thing about this fabric  was that it had hemmed edges and it would make my Re-do look more finished. I cut the fabric about 2-3" longer at the top to make sure it covered the entire piece.Next I lined up the hemmed edge to the bottom and stapled it top and bottom. This okay since it's the back of the holder and I will cover it up later. As you see I had to open the bottom up so I could staple the bottom. Next I used good old Mod Podge...