Skip to main content

A Valentine's Day Weekend List

I think most people will be celebrating Valentine's Day this weekend since the Holiday falls on Monday this year,so I was thinking that my weekend list would also be Valentine inspired. This is what I have on my holiday weekend list.
(1) Pantone chips. This actually is Pantone color 17-2031 Color of the Year 2001. Fuchsia Rose. I am not much of a pink fan but I have a few ideas for this chip and others as possibly jewelry.
(2) Ruffle Necklace. As seen in Ready Made Magazine. Uses a zipper and less than a 1/2 yard of fabric to construct and even a beginner can make it. I will have to see about that!
(3) A Dictionary heart craft. I found this old dictionary at an Estate sale and have a lovely Valentine craft planend for it. Don't worry,(David) I will not be cutting it up, just using it in some way.
(4) Fabric Flowers. Now I had an idea a few weeks ago for a fabric flower and then I saw these on Etsy made by Janejoss and fell in love with them. I am not going to copy them since my idea is a little different but I will use them for inspiration or I might just buy one, I think they are stunning.
And that is my list for the Valentine's Day weekend, just a few projects inspired by the holiday with color,romance,words and flowers. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ipad Pillow Stand

I like to watch tutorials on my Ipad and although I have a cover that converts to a stand, it isn't always the best solution for viewing. So I decided to make one of my own inspired by these Iphone stands I found on Etsy. They are sold by dognamedbanjo  and are really unique and lovely. So I thought I could make one similar to it and here is how i did it. First I started with a 1 yard of a fabric in my two favorite colors. Then I cut the following pieces 1 Pc 13" x 13" 1 pc 29 x 13" 2 Triangle pieces 13" x 13" x 13" Next I sewed the top square to the two triangles. This is will be the sides and the base. Next I took the large rectangular piece and sewed it to the bottom of the square. Now I don't have photos of the last few steps since once it start forming a pillow it is difficult to photograph, but the process is not that difficult. Next I sewed each side of the the rectangle to one side of the triangle on both s...

T-shirt Upcycle to Cardigan

I have had this large long sleeved t-shirt for about a year. I paid $2.99 for it at the Salvation Army and appeared to be new. I had thought about embellishing it with a flower or two but could not come up with a original or cute idea so I decided to make a cardigan out of it. So lets get started and upcycle another piece of clothing! First I laid the shirt out and measured from under arm to under arm to find the exact center. Once I found the center, I cut right up the middle. This step always makes me nervous ever since I was a child and tried to cut a collar on a coat to make it narrower. It was a disaster but I try not to think about it that much and just cut. Once it was cut, I decided to use the hem from another t-shirt that I had cut up for another project.  I cut two pieces of the hem of the t- shirt long enough to cover the edge of the cardigan and wrap around the top and bottom edge. I folded over the edge and pinned Then I pinned it to one side of the cardigan. Making s...

Ikea Magazine Re-do

I recently was at Ikea and purchased two set of FLYT Magazine holders. The completely white and come in packs of 5 for $1.99. I knew that I could spruce them up with something and had a perfect idea for them. This fabric panel that I purchased at an Estate sale a few weeks ago. It was one large curtain panel that really wanted to use as upholstery for something and the magazine holders were just the perfect match. I first assembled two and stapled them together. Next step was to lay them on my fabric to figure out how much I needed. The best thing about this fabric  was that it had hemmed edges and it would make my Re-do look more finished. I cut the fabric about 2-3" longer at the top to make sure it covered the entire piece.Next I lined up the hemmed edge to the bottom and stapled it top and bottom. This okay since it's the back of the holder and I will cover it up later. As you see I had to open the bottom up so I could staple the bottom. Next I used good old Mod Podge...