Skip to main content

Colorful Easter Egg Garden

I wanted to created something simple and easy for Easter,so I headed to the Dollar Store and bought a pack  6 plastic eggs.

At first I thought I was going to use multiple fabrics to make eggs look like Hungarian Eggs, but as with any idea, it changed in the process of making them. I started with leftover two tone fabric since it would keep the design simple.
The I started to cut various shapes from the fabric and apply to the egg with Mod Podge.
It went fairly quickly, but I will say cut your pieces first and then glue since you fingers will get really messy. I then took three other eggs and did the same thing to them but with different fabrics and shapes.
I used little juice glasses to set them into dry and also hold them in place while I worked on them. Once they were completely dry, I gave them each one extra coat of Mod Podge. Next I poked a hole in the bottom of each and inserted three pieces of floral wire. Then I took a small terra cotta pot with styrofoam in the bottom and inserted the floral wire. Covered it up with some faux grass and then I had a Easter Egg Garden!
I think it turned out so cute! I thought I might want to make some sort of door decoration out of them, but I think I might leave them alone.
So Easy
And Simple.. And they can be used in different ways!
Enjoy!

Comments

  1. So CREATIVE!
    I LOVE this! Its PERFECT for you to Link up at my Linky PAR-TAY,

    Whassup Wednesday!!!

    And I have a party button you can grab so your friends can come too:)

    *ENTER LINKY PAR-TAY Here! *

    xoxokara

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw very cute!

    Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ipad Pillow Stand

I like to watch tutorials on my Ipad and although I have a cover that converts to a stand, it isn't always the best solution for viewing. So I decided to make one of my own inspired by these Iphone stands I found on Etsy. They are sold by dognamedbanjo  and are really unique and lovely. So I thought I could make one similar to it and here is how i did it. First I started with a 1 yard of a fabric in my two favorite colors. Then I cut the following pieces 1 Pc 13" x 13" 1 pc 29 x 13" 2 Triangle pieces 13" x 13" x 13" Next I sewed the top square to the two triangles. This is will be the sides and the base. Next I took the large rectangular piece and sewed it to the bottom of the square. Now I don't have photos of the last few steps since once it start forming a pillow it is difficult to photograph, but the process is not that difficult. Next I sewed each side of the the rectangle to one side of the triangle on both s...

T-shirt Upcycle to Cardigan

I have had this large long sleeved t-shirt for about a year. I paid $2.99 for it at the Salvation Army and appeared to be new. I had thought about embellishing it with a flower or two but could not come up with a original or cute idea so I decided to make a cardigan out of it. So lets get started and upcycle another piece of clothing! First I laid the shirt out and measured from under arm to under arm to find the exact center. Once I found the center, I cut right up the middle. This step always makes me nervous ever since I was a child and tried to cut a collar on a coat to make it narrower. It was a disaster but I try not to think about it that much and just cut. Once it was cut, I decided to use the hem from another t-shirt that I had cut up for another project.  I cut two pieces of the hem of the t- shirt long enough to cover the edge of the cardigan and wrap around the top and bottom edge. I folded over the edge and pinned Then I pinned it to one side of the cardigan. Making s...

Ikea Magazine Re-do

I recently was at Ikea and purchased two set of FLYT Magazine holders. The completely white and come in packs of 5 for $1.99. I knew that I could spruce them up with something and had a perfect idea for them. This fabric panel that I purchased at an Estate sale a few weeks ago. It was one large curtain panel that really wanted to use as upholstery for something and the magazine holders were just the perfect match. I first assembled two and stapled them together. Next step was to lay them on my fabric to figure out how much I needed. The best thing about this fabric  was that it had hemmed edges and it would make my Re-do look more finished. I cut the fabric about 2-3" longer at the top to make sure it covered the entire piece.Next I lined up the hemmed edge to the bottom and stapled it top and bottom. This okay since it's the back of the holder and I will cover it up later. As you see I had to open the bottom up so I could staple the bottom. Next I used good old Mod Podge...