Skip to main content

Interchangeable Postcard Art

This weekend was glorious and the weather was just right for spray painting. I have numerous frames that I wanted to change to white but really had no plan for what to put into them until I saw my roll of burlap.
I started with two postcards from Hatch Show Prints, Burlap, newly painted frame and a strip of adhesive backed velcro. Then I took a piece of cardboard the size of the frame opening and covered it with the burlap and pressed it into the frame.
No glue required as the back of the frame will hold the burlap in place. Next I applied a small piece of velcro to the back of each postcard.
The last step was to stick the post card to the burlap and it is done and ready for hanging.
Then when you are tired of the this particular postcard, you just pull it off and apply another one.

Then you have new art!  It is so easy to change with the seasons or the holidays. Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Love the burlap background! Pure genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you have given me such a great idea! Where did I get inspiration before blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw you from BNOTP, I am the post right after yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so smart. Love it! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO Cute! I'd love it if you linked up to my party :)http://runwithglitter.blogspot.com/2011/04/running-with-glitter-4-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is perfect and how great is that that you can change out the postcard/image??!! Velcro -- what a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE how easily this can be changed! No unmounting the frame or anything. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the changeable aspect. I'm not much of a decorator and that seems so easy to do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a clever idea! Love how easy it is too! The burlap is great! Thanks for sharing! Stopping by from Tip Me Tuesday!

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea. That turned out really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea ... fun !! *Becca*

    www.adventuresindecorating1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clever idea, and I love that you can change it out so easily! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Janet! I'm admiring all the creativity in your blog so can you please share them at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? You can find us here: http://www.homemakeronadime.com/2011/05/creative-bloggers-party-hop-050111.html.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ipad Pillow Stand

I like to watch tutorials on my Ipad and although I have a cover that converts to a stand, it isn't always the best solution for viewing. So I decided to make one of my own inspired by these Iphone stands I found on Etsy. They are sold by dognamedbanjo  and are really unique and lovely. So I thought I could make one similar to it and here is how i did it. First I started with a 1 yard of a fabric in my two favorite colors. Then I cut the following pieces 1 Pc 13" x 13" 1 pc 29 x 13" 2 Triangle pieces 13" x 13" x 13" Next I sewed the top square to the two triangles. This is will be the sides and the base. Next I took the large rectangular piece and sewed it to the bottom of the square. Now I don't have photos of the last few steps since once it start forming a pillow it is difficult to photograph, but the process is not that difficult. Next I sewed each side of the the rectangle to one side of the triangle on both s...

T-shirt Upcycle to Cardigan

I have had this large long sleeved t-shirt for about a year. I paid $2.99 for it at the Salvation Army and appeared to be new. I had thought about embellishing it with a flower or two but could not come up with a original or cute idea so I decided to make a cardigan out of it. So lets get started and upcycle another piece of clothing! First I laid the shirt out and measured from under arm to under arm to find the exact center. Once I found the center, I cut right up the middle. This step always makes me nervous ever since I was a child and tried to cut a collar on a coat to make it narrower. It was a disaster but I try not to think about it that much and just cut. Once it was cut, I decided to use the hem from another t-shirt that I had cut up for another project.  I cut two pieces of the hem of the t- shirt long enough to cover the edge of the cardigan and wrap around the top and bottom edge. I folded over the edge and pinned Then I pinned it to one side of the cardigan. Making s...

Ikea Magazine Re-do

I recently was at Ikea and purchased two set of FLYT Magazine holders. The completely white and come in packs of 5 for $1.99. I knew that I could spruce them up with something and had a perfect idea for them. This fabric panel that I purchased at an Estate sale a few weeks ago. It was one large curtain panel that really wanted to use as upholstery for something and the magazine holders were just the perfect match. I first assembled two and stapled them together. Next step was to lay them on my fabric to figure out how much I needed. The best thing about this fabric  was that it had hemmed edges and it would make my Re-do look more finished. I cut the fabric about 2-3" longer at the top to make sure it covered the entire piece.Next I lined up the hemmed edge to the bottom and stapled it top and bottom. This okay since it's the back of the holder and I will cover it up later. As you see I had to open the bottom up so I could staple the bottom. Next I used good old Mod Podge...