Skip to main content

I'm in Chains

Well I'm not really in chains, but my neck is draped with them ever since I found this spool of chain and some other interesting links few weeks back. It was all under $5 for both and I made some very pretty statement jewelry.
I had planned to make one necklace but the spool was 7 yards long and I knew that was more than enough for one. So I made several and here are my creations.
One Super long Necklace with some large circle links added and a semi long with some oval shaped links. You basically cut a length of chain, open a link and attach and close link to the other end. Very Easy. You can get more creative and add other types of links. As in this necklace I used the leftover ovals links from this necklace that I made and blogged about last month.
It also used the coil of change as well. Now I thought it would also be interesting to combined a few of my creations together.
Now this is my Estate Sale find belt buckle necklace with a medium length chain necklace.All these are easy to create and make a huge statement when you wear them. A friend commented that I looked like a bad a%% when I wore them, not sure but I did feel pretty sassy!
Enjoy!

Comments

  1. These are just lovely.

    Visiting from Fireflies and Jellybeans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them! And what a great deal on chain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a steal ( steel?) deal on chain! I am loving chain for all my jewelry projects lately. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! I just started making jewelry last month and I'm always looking for inspiration; thanks for sharing! :)

    Amy
    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous I have been wanting to start making necklaces I have a box full of old vintage jelwery thank u for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really pretty! It looks so easy to do but it makes a huge statement when you wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! SO glad you linked these up to my "BFF" link party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just became a follower of your blog. I LOVE these chains! Great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea - makes me want to make some jewelr, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ipad Pillow Stand

I like to watch tutorials on my Ipad and although I have a cover that converts to a stand, it isn't always the best solution for viewing. So I decided to make one of my own inspired by these Iphone stands I found on Etsy. They are sold by dognamedbanjo  and are really unique and lovely. So I thought I could make one similar to it and here is how i did it. First I started with a 1 yard of a fabric in my two favorite colors. Then I cut the following pieces 1 Pc 13" x 13" 1 pc 29 x 13" 2 Triangle pieces 13" x 13" x 13" Next I sewed the top square to the two triangles. This is will be the sides and the base. Next I took the large rectangular piece and sewed it to the bottom of the square. Now I don't have photos of the last few steps since once it start forming a pillow it is difficult to photograph, but the process is not that difficult. Next I sewed each side of the the rectangle to one side of the triangle on both s...

T-shirt Upcycle to Cardigan

I have had this large long sleeved t-shirt for about a year. I paid $2.99 for it at the Salvation Army and appeared to be new. I had thought about embellishing it with a flower or two but could not come up with a original or cute idea so I decided to make a cardigan out of it. So lets get started and upcycle another piece of clothing! First I laid the shirt out and measured from under arm to under arm to find the exact center. Once I found the center, I cut right up the middle. This step always makes me nervous ever since I was a child and tried to cut a collar on a coat to make it narrower. It was a disaster but I try not to think about it that much and just cut. Once it was cut, I decided to use the hem from another t-shirt that I had cut up for another project.  I cut two pieces of the hem of the t- shirt long enough to cover the edge of the cardigan and wrap around the top and bottom edge. I folded over the edge and pinned Then I pinned it to one side of the cardigan. Making s...

Ikea Magazine Re-do

I recently was at Ikea and purchased two set of FLYT Magazine holders. The completely white and come in packs of 5 for $1.99. I knew that I could spruce them up with something and had a perfect idea for them. This fabric panel that I purchased at an Estate sale a few weeks ago. It was one large curtain panel that really wanted to use as upholstery for something and the magazine holders were just the perfect match. I first assembled two and stapled them together. Next step was to lay them on my fabric to figure out how much I needed. The best thing about this fabric  was that it had hemmed edges and it would make my Re-do look more finished. I cut the fabric about 2-3" longer at the top to make sure it covered the entire piece.Next I lined up the hemmed edge to the bottom and stapled it top and bottom. This okay since it's the back of the holder and I will cover it up later. As you see I had to open the bottom up so I could staple the bottom. Next I used good old Mod Podge...