Skip to main content

Plant Tag Pendants

I have a large collection of plant identification tags that I have accumulated over the many years that I have been gardening. I occasionally look thru them and remind myself of all the beautiful flowers I have planted. As I sorted them I picked a few of my favorites since I had the perfect idea on how to reuse them.
Next I got items from my jewelry making stash.
Some tiles, bracelet pieces and some buttons.
Then after a little cutting,glueing with Mod Podge and sealing Dimensional Magic..
My Plant Tag Pendants were complete!
Pretty Button with Tag

English Stock Tag

Tag with tile backer.
Zinnia Tag with Button.

 The were easy to create...

and nice reminder of my past gardens..
Enjoy!

Comments

  1. This was one of my slap my forehead moments! What a cute easy accessible idea! I have those not 10 feet from me just waiting to be made into jewrlry! Thank you for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever, love the buttons as pendants too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! Another fabulous up cycle! You rock!! Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great upcycling! I can't believe that I read this tonight when earlier the city picked up my trash with - you guessed it - about 20 plant tags! I can envision people walking through the big box stores sneaking out plant tags! Came over from Roundup.

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done it again. Taken something so ordinary and transformed it into something extraordinary! Just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just the cutest idea! Nice work...

    Enjoy what's left of our weekend, ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from the facebook Hobby Lobby post! These are really great and such a creative idea for reuse!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Had to feature this genius idea as part of my link party wrap up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! (How do the metal loops attach?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute! Love your pendants :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very clever! I love this idea for handmade gifts! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was stuck home during Hurricane Sandy and landed on your page- what a great idea. I don't have the plant tags here today but I have an old plant catalog that I can start to cut up for the photos.. White Flower Farms- so thanks for a great idea...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ipad Pillow Stand

I like to watch tutorials on my Ipad and although I have a cover that converts to a stand, it isn't always the best solution for viewing. So I decided to make one of my own inspired by these Iphone stands I found on Etsy. They are sold by dognamedbanjo  and are really unique and lovely. So I thought I could make one similar to it and here is how i did it. First I started with a 1 yard of a fabric in my two favorite colors. Then I cut the following pieces 1 Pc 13" x 13" 1 pc 29 x 13" 2 Triangle pieces 13" x 13" x 13" Next I sewed the top square to the two triangles. This is will be the sides and the base. Next I took the large rectangular piece and sewed it to the bottom of the square. Now I don't have photos of the last few steps since once it start forming a pillow it is difficult to photograph, but the process is not that difficult. Next I sewed each side of the the rectangle to one side of the triangle on both s...

T-shirt Upcycle to Cardigan

I have had this large long sleeved t-shirt for about a year. I paid $2.99 for it at the Salvation Army and appeared to be new. I had thought about embellishing it with a flower or two but could not come up with a original or cute idea so I decided to make a cardigan out of it. So lets get started and upcycle another piece of clothing! First I laid the shirt out and measured from under arm to under arm to find the exact center. Once I found the center, I cut right up the middle. This step always makes me nervous ever since I was a child and tried to cut a collar on a coat to make it narrower. It was a disaster but I try not to think about it that much and just cut. Once it was cut, I decided to use the hem from another t-shirt that I had cut up for another project.  I cut two pieces of the hem of the t- shirt long enough to cover the edge of the cardigan and wrap around the top and bottom edge. I folded over the edge and pinned Then I pinned it to one side of the cardigan. Making s...

Ikea Magazine Re-do

I recently was at Ikea and purchased two set of FLYT Magazine holders. The completely white and come in packs of 5 for $1.99. I knew that I could spruce them up with something and had a perfect idea for them. This fabric panel that I purchased at an Estate sale a few weeks ago. It was one large curtain panel that really wanted to use as upholstery for something and the magazine holders were just the perfect match. I first assembled two and stapled them together. Next step was to lay them on my fabric to figure out how much I needed. The best thing about this fabric  was that it had hemmed edges and it would make my Re-do look more finished. I cut the fabric about 2-3" longer at the top to make sure it covered the entire piece.Next I lined up the hemmed edge to the bottom and stapled it top and bottom. This okay since it's the back of the holder and I will cover it up later. As you see I had to open the bottom up so I could staple the bottom. Next I used good old Mod Podge...