Skip to main content

Planning for the New Year


It's that time again to start planning and making resolutions for the new year. To help keep me on track and organize all of my ideas, I have purchased a planner...
There are many planners available at this time of year, but I selected the Commit30 goal setting notebook since it fits with how I want to achieve a few goals. Now I am not being paid to write this about the Commit30 (http://commit30.com) and I have just started to use it (see above).I do already feel like I might just be able to keep on track for 30 days.
This is the Boss Blue color, size 7" x 10". It arrived with the handy bookmark and a sheet of stickers.Now the fun can begin...
I pulled out all my old stickers,paper,pens and glue dots from my scrapbook days and started to decorate the pages of the planner. There are hundreds of stickers styles available at most craft stores for all types off activities. I bought a few at 60% off in the organizing and quote categories.
I have several post it notes with scribbles about jewelry ideas, things to make, things to organize over the winter and reminders. Now have all one place to keep them all. I think it will also keep my thoughts and notes organized, well at least one place for all my post its.
Once I finished the inside page, I got to work on the goals for the year. This two page Step 1 is the Vision with 12 Goals to achieve in the new year. 
With that done, move on to each month and what needs to be achieved. Breaking it down in to 12 months. I am currently at this step and working on my January calendar. I am already ahead of the plan for January as I have re-started this blog, listed a few items on my Etsy shop and started the de-cluttering process. There are many more goals I hope to achieve this year. Come December 2018, I will write about it..and yes this is one of my goals too...

Enjoy!
Janet 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ipad Pillow Stand

I like to watch tutorials on my Ipad and although I have a cover that converts to a stand, it isn't always the best solution for viewing. So I decided to make one of my own inspired by these Iphone stands I found on Etsy. They are sold by dognamedbanjo  and are really unique and lovely. So I thought I could make one similar to it and here is how i did it. First I started with a 1 yard of a fabric in my two favorite colors. Then I cut the following pieces 1 Pc 13" x 13" 1 pc 29 x 13" 2 Triangle pieces 13" x 13" x 13" Next I sewed the top square to the two triangles. This is will be the sides and the base. Next I took the large rectangular piece and sewed it to the bottom of the square. Now I don't have photos of the last few steps since once it start forming a pillow it is difficult to photograph, but the process is not that difficult. Next I sewed each side of the the rectangle to one side of the triangle on both s...

T-shirt Upcycle to Cardigan

I have had this large long sleeved t-shirt for about a year. I paid $2.99 for it at the Salvation Army and appeared to be new. I had thought about embellishing it with a flower or two but could not come up with a original or cute idea so I decided to make a cardigan out of it. So lets get started and upcycle another piece of clothing! First I laid the shirt out and measured from under arm to under arm to find the exact center. Once I found the center, I cut right up the middle. This step always makes me nervous ever since I was a child and tried to cut a collar on a coat to make it narrower. It was a disaster but I try not to think about it that much and just cut. Once it was cut, I decided to use the hem from another t-shirt that I had cut up for another project.  I cut two pieces of the hem of the t- shirt long enough to cover the edge of the cardigan and wrap around the top and bottom edge. I folded over the edge and pinned Then I pinned it to one side of the cardigan. Making s...

Ikea Magazine Re-do

I recently was at Ikea and purchased two set of FLYT Magazine holders. The completely white and come in packs of 5 for $1.99. I knew that I could spruce them up with something and had a perfect idea for them. This fabric panel that I purchased at an Estate sale a few weeks ago. It was one large curtain panel that really wanted to use as upholstery for something and the magazine holders were just the perfect match. I first assembled two and stapled them together. Next step was to lay them on my fabric to figure out how much I needed. The best thing about this fabric  was that it had hemmed edges and it would make my Re-do look more finished. I cut the fabric about 2-3" longer at the top to make sure it covered the entire piece.Next I lined up the hemmed edge to the bottom and stapled it top and bottom. This okay since it's the back of the holder and I will cover it up later. As you see I had to open the bottom up so I could staple the bottom. Next I used good old Mod Podge...