Skip to main content

Three Mini Totes for Thursday



Over the weekend I became obsessed with sewing mini totes. It really just started out as one project to use up some scraps and make something cute. It was slow going at first since I was not working with a pattern and just winging it. It took me some time to make at first, but once it was done there was no stopping me. I talked about the process on Monday for this cutie.
Leftover fabric from pillow fabric and apron fabric. I can't wait to use it as a weekend purse! The next one I made slightly different and larger. The fabric is not my favorite but the tote is cute none the less with it's coffee cup motif.

The handles are a very heavy canvas and perfect for a tote bag.This could be for carrying a travel coffee mug home from work or for carrying lunch or snacks. Lastly is this leftover fabric from the Zinnia apron and this one came out just right.

Perfect for carrying a book,wallet and sunglasses to the beach. It is the perfect size when a big purse just won't work. I have one more to make that is destine to be sold but I am sure I will make a few more.

So for now enjoy my Three Mini totes and will keep you posted on when they will be for sale! Now For sale.. Check them out here!

 Please Link up at Cheap Chic Home for Fabric Fun Thursday! I did!





Photobucket




Comments

  1. Hi Janet, these are as cute as-all-get-out, I can see them lined up on pegs (kind of like the one on the hook, above). Thank you for sharing with us at FFT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very cute! I just adore the fabric coordinates you used. I've had it on my list to make a tote for awhile, and you have totally inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so so cute! Your eye for color and fabric combos is very sharp. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are SUPER cute! I love the fabric combinations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are soooooo great!!!! LOVE the fabrics!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your totes! I totally want one....

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on at Life As Lori!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ipad Pillow Stand

I like to watch tutorials on my Ipad and although I have a cover that converts to a stand, it isn't always the best solution for viewing. So I decided to make one of my own inspired by these Iphone stands I found on Etsy. They are sold by dognamedbanjo  and are really unique and lovely. So I thought I could make one similar to it and here is how i did it. First I started with a 1 yard of a fabric in my two favorite colors. Then I cut the following pieces 1 Pc 13" x 13" 1 pc 29 x 13" 2 Triangle pieces 13" x 13" x 13" Next I sewed the top square to the two triangles. This is will be the sides and the base. Next I took the large rectangular piece and sewed it to the bottom of the square. Now I don't have photos of the last few steps since once it start forming a pillow it is difficult to photograph, but the process is not that difficult. Next I sewed each side of the the rectangle to one side of the triangle on both s...

T-shirt Upcycle to Cardigan

I have had this large long sleeved t-shirt for about a year. I paid $2.99 for it at the Salvation Army and appeared to be new. I had thought about embellishing it with a flower or two but could not come up with a original or cute idea so I decided to make a cardigan out of it. So lets get started and upcycle another piece of clothing! First I laid the shirt out and measured from under arm to under arm to find the exact center. Once I found the center, I cut right up the middle. This step always makes me nervous ever since I was a child and tried to cut a collar on a coat to make it narrower. It was a disaster but I try not to think about it that much and just cut. Once it was cut, I decided to use the hem from another t-shirt that I had cut up for another project.  I cut two pieces of the hem of the t- shirt long enough to cover the edge of the cardigan and wrap around the top and bottom edge. I folded over the edge and pinned Then I pinned it to one side of the cardigan. Making s...

Ikea Magazine Re-do

I recently was at Ikea and purchased two set of FLYT Magazine holders. The completely white and come in packs of 5 for $1.99. I knew that I could spruce them up with something and had a perfect idea for them. This fabric panel that I purchased at an Estate sale a few weeks ago. It was one large curtain panel that really wanted to use as upholstery for something and the magazine holders were just the perfect match. I first assembled two and stapled them together. Next step was to lay them on my fabric to figure out how much I needed. The best thing about this fabric  was that it had hemmed edges and it would make my Re-do look more finished. I cut the fabric about 2-3" longer at the top to make sure it covered the entire piece.Next I lined up the hemmed edge to the bottom and stapled it top and bottom. This okay since it's the back of the holder and I will cover it up later. As you see I had to open the bottom up so I could staple the bottom. Next I used good old Mod Podge...