Skip to main content

Easy Fabric Christmas Trees

Every Christmas the decorating spreads to another room in my house. This year I am thinking about a small tree in the bedroom, just a little one with a few lights. While thinking about that tree I came up with some quick and easy trees for my craft room.
I started with fabric scraps in my favorite colors and a 10 inch $1.00 foam tree.
After ironing the fabrics, I started to wrap it around the tree, securing it with a pin.
Wrapping it until it was completely covered and then securing the back with pins.
Next I trimmed the bottom straight across.
Then I secured the bottom with a pin.
Now the pin was also used to balance the tree on a spool.
No Sewing or glueing needed as my scraps can be used for another project it I want to.

The perfect trees for my Craft Room
Simple and easy.
Festive and match my decor. 


And the fabric can be reused!
I love them..
Now just three more trees to decorate!
Enjoy!

Comments

  1. These are fabu! Featuring them as part of my link party wrap up tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea! I love that they can easily be taken apart at the end of the season and the fabric used for your next project.

    Thanks so much for linking up!
    <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cool. What a great project. May need to use this with my grandsons.

    ps I came over from The Answer is Chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun project and decoration, Janet!! I would love for you to link this post to my weekly Tasty Thursdays linky party going on right now. Thanks, Nichi
    http://mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2012/12/tasty-thursdays-20.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ipad Pillow Stand

I like to watch tutorials on my Ipad and although I have a cover that converts to a stand, it isn't always the best solution for viewing. So I decided to make one of my own inspired by these Iphone stands I found on Etsy. They are sold by dognamedbanjo  and are really unique and lovely. So I thought I could make one similar to it and here is how i did it. First I started with a 1 yard of a fabric in my two favorite colors. Then I cut the following pieces 1 Pc 13" x 13" 1 pc 29 x 13" 2 Triangle pieces 13" x 13" x 13" Next I sewed the top square to the two triangles. This is will be the sides and the base. Next I took the large rectangular piece and sewed it to the bottom of the square. Now I don't have photos of the last few steps since once it start forming a pillow it is difficult to photograph, but the process is not that difficult. Next I sewed each side of the the rectangle to one side of the triangle on both s...

T-shirt Upcycle to Cardigan

I have had this large long sleeved t-shirt for about a year. I paid $2.99 for it at the Salvation Army and appeared to be new. I had thought about embellishing it with a flower or two but could not come up with a original or cute idea so I decided to make a cardigan out of it. So lets get started and upcycle another piece of clothing! First I laid the shirt out and measured from under arm to under arm to find the exact center. Once I found the center, I cut right up the middle. This step always makes me nervous ever since I was a child and tried to cut a collar on a coat to make it narrower. It was a disaster but I try not to think about it that much and just cut. Once it was cut, I decided to use the hem from another t-shirt that I had cut up for another project.  I cut two pieces of the hem of the t- shirt long enough to cover the edge of the cardigan and wrap around the top and bottom edge. I folded over the edge and pinned Then I pinned it to one side of the cardigan. Making s...

Ikea Magazine Re-do

I recently was at Ikea and purchased two set of FLYT Magazine holders. The completely white and come in packs of 5 for $1.99. I knew that I could spruce them up with something and had a perfect idea for them. This fabric panel that I purchased at an Estate sale a few weeks ago. It was one large curtain panel that really wanted to use as upholstery for something and the magazine holders were just the perfect match. I first assembled two and stapled them together. Next step was to lay them on my fabric to figure out how much I needed. The best thing about this fabric  was that it had hemmed edges and it would make my Re-do look more finished. I cut the fabric about 2-3" longer at the top to make sure it covered the entire piece.Next I lined up the hemmed edge to the bottom and stapled it top and bottom. This okay since it's the back of the holder and I will cover it up later. As you see I had to open the bottom up so I could staple the bottom. Next I used good old Mod Podge...